Wednesday, October 9, 2013

NO RECIPE: Cauliflower Rice

There are quite a few ways to make cauliflower rice. This is my favorite way to do it.  It isn't really that flavorful but when added to dishes it gives it a great texture.

Pulse a whole head of washed and chopped cauliflower in a blender or food processor.


I used my vitamix and had to stop a few times to scrape down the sides.  You want it to look like rice.


Melt some fat in a pan.  Most of the time I use coconut oil but anything would be good.  Add your "rice" and any seasoning.  This time around I added taco seasoning and a little salt.

Saute in the fat until tender.  Mine takes about 10 minutes.

No comments:

Disclaimer: I am not a registered dietician nor do I have any type of medical training. Anything documented on this blog is my personal opinion or a learned experience.