Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Another Round

Let's try another round of my food for the day.  I actually love it when bloggers do this.  It's my favorite type of blog to read.  I get so many ideas from other people!

Breakfast:

I've been eating these paleo pancakes like crazy. Just about every other day.

One beaten egg, 3/4 small mashed banana, 1/2t cinnamon, and 1T chopped walnuts.

Cooked in a pan just like a regular pancake...


Low and slow is the key.


Topped with raw almond butter...


that other 1/4 of banana and a sprinkle of walnuts.

It almost tastes like banana bread!

Gym:
Combat! (No that's not my gym but that's exactly what we do)

Snack:
I get out of the gym at a weird time and I'm usually starving!  By the time I get home it's usually 10:45-11.  I really try to eat lunch with the kids at 12.  Most of the time I just wait until 12 to eat.  A lot of times I'll grab a really small snack.

My favorite snack is just a single date cut down the side stuffed with almond butter.  It's like a treat!

Lunch:

Lunch is a hard one for me.  Gone are the veggie sandwiches and yogurt cups.  I really don't like salads so I usually have a bowl of random things for lunch.

Today was leftover beef mix (minus the egg) from the frittata I made the other day. Mixed with cauliflower rice.  Plus a few handfuls of spinach.


And iced green tea!

Cauliflower rice- 1 cup of grated cauliflower

+ 1/4c water microwaved uncovered for about 6 minutes. Stir halfway.

Cauliflower rice!

I didn't eat an afternoon snack and dinner was unpictured.

Let's see if I can get another post out tomorrow!

What's your favorite sweet treat?

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

I like to pulse my cauliflower in the food processor and then micro. Yummmm. The pancakes look tasty too :)

Buttercup said...

I've got to try the paleo pancakes. I get great ideas from your posts.

Kristen @ Change of Pace said...

Tiffany, our food processor was OLD. My husbands grandma gave it to us about 8 years ago. We recently bought a vitamix and tossed the food processor. We definitely need a new one asap. The vitamix is great but it doesn't do everything a food processor does like make cauliflower rice!

Ally's Sweet and Savory Eats said...

That pancake looks delicious - who would think you could make one with just egg and banana?

Disclaimer: I am not a registered dietician nor do I have any type of medical training. Anything documented on this blog is my personal opinion or a learned experience.