Thursday, September 27, 2012

Favorite Paleo Recipes

Simple post!

Breakfast:


The last bit of that southwestern frittata.

Plus regular coffee with coconut milk.  Out of the can not the carton.


I dump the can in my salad dressing shaker and keep it in the fridge.  Makes it easy to pour into my coffee!

Gym:

Today was supposed to be a rest day but I decided to do a yoga class instead.  I love yoga.

Snack:

Grapes and almonds.  I took about 20 pictures of this and could not make it look pretty.  Seriously though... Can anyone make a bag of grapes and almonds look pretty?

Lunch:

The last bit of frittata base, spinach, roasted sweet potato, and melty coconut butter.

Snack:

A closed palmful of mixed nuts.

Dinner:

Southwest meatloaf...

and cauliflower "mashed potatoes".

My husband and I both LOVED both of these recipes.  It really felt like we were eating meatloaf and mashed potatoes!  We both agreed that it would be a good meal to make for company.

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

I like cauliflower mash, but LOVE turnip mash! Try that out. My kids mowed through it too... I gotta say I'm pretty proud of myself, not only did my kids eat turnips, but they ate roasted beets this week. Score one for mom since they LIKED it lol.

Ally's Sweet and Savory Eats said...

What kind of meat was used for your meatloaf?

Kristen @ Change of Pace said...

@Sweet and Savory Eats I used grassfed beef. It was delicious but I'm sure turkey burger would work too!

Kristen @ Change of Pace said...

@Tiffany Campiotti Turnips are on my grocery list! Thanks for the idea :)

Disclaimer: I am not a registered dietician nor do I have any type of medical training. Anything documented on this blog is my personal opinion or a learned experience.