Sunday, July 7, 2013

Coffee Date- Starts With Rain



I totally stole this coffee date idea from Courtney over at Journey of a Dreamer.  If you don't follow her blog you should.  She's real.  And I love that.

The purpose of these coffee dates for me is going to be to vent.  I use this blog as a food journal and also as a way of getting out emotions.  Whether that be happy, sad, excited, frustrated...

Plus coffee is my favorite food and if we were real life friends we'd be drinking a lot of coffee together.

So here goes.


If we were having coffee I'd complain about the rain.  We've had so much rain lately causing us to stay inside.  The kids are out of school and I'm out of crafty ideas.


I'd tell you how excited I am that my husband should be coming home soon!  I'm about over this single parenting thing (see above!) and I miss him like crazy.


I'd tell you that I've had several food meltdowns this week.  It goes a little something like this in my head... "How can someone eat out all the time and be so skinny?!  Why do I have to work so hard?!".  I know I'm healthier but I have been working really hard.  I've felt a little restricted this week on food but I'm trying to keep my goal in mind whenever I start getting down (see above!).  Plus I think it's a hormonal thing this week... knowwhatimean?


On a less whiny note... I bought a size SMALL pair of shorts and they fit.  I have never in my life worn a "small" anything.  The hard work is paying off! (see above!)

If we were having coffee what would you tell me?

7 comments:

Danielle said...

Keep up the good work! You look great! I know it's not easy and I definitely feel you with the jealousy but we are healthier for all the hard work we put in ;)

Jess @ PaleoJess said...

If we were having coffee I'd tell you I love this idea! Plus I'd say your coffee rocks and I don't want to go back to work today and face 23 8 year-olds and the demands of teaching...like really don't want to go! I'd tell you that you look AMAZING and that you are such a great mom (see I put my American accent on there ;))

Tiffany Campiotti said...

I'd tell you I'm struggling this weekend. Food meltdown is my middle name right now. Sugar and I can never be friends. But I'm dead set on trying to force the issue and prove it again and again. Blah.
You look amazing. Hubby will be home soon. Rain sucks. So does the heat we had (finally got relief yesterday).
Keep moving forward right? Even if its inching along.

Kristen said...

I know how you feel girl. I have to completely get rid of sugar. Even fruit! I don't understand my sugar cravings at all. Seems like nothing will fix them!

Kristen said...

It's hard to believe that Americans have an accent! You'd probably love mine because I'm from the south... I say things like Y'all! At least you had a good... yet eventful break! :)

Kristen said...

Thanks girl! You are exactly right. I say that over and over again in my head sometimes.

Canada Girl said...

dude...you look freaking amazing! I love those shorts! I don't blame you for feeling overwhelmed, you are a super woman! It has been raining like crazy here too...it's driving me nuts. In canada it feels like we hardly even get summer, and now it's just raining all the time! UGH!

Disclaimer: I am not a registered dietician nor do I have any type of medical training. Anything documented on this blog is my personal opinion or a learned experience.