Sunday, February 8, 2015

Laid Back Weekend

How was your weekend? We had a pretty good one.  I may be feeling better but my husband has whatever bug we are passing around.  Friday we had pizza and movie night. Saturday was crossfit in the morning and relaxing in the evening. Today was filled with nothing... which is amazing!

Here's what I ate today.

breakfast 

A fried egg, grits, strawberries, and bacon.  I really wanted a Belgian waffle.  I resisted the urge to go out for breakfast.  Instead I made something a little bigger than usual at home.

lunch

Grass fed beef cooked with peppers and onions.  Topped with avocado and salsa.  Plus Trader Joes plantain chips.

dinner

The kids wanted to make Daddy chicken noodle soup for dinner so that's what I did.  Chicken breast seasoned with dried thyme and basil baked in the oven.  I sautéed carrots, onion, and celery in ghee.  Then I added some chicken stock and whole wheat egg noodles.  Once the noodles were done I added the chicken to the mix.  It was perfect.

Now I'm going to wind down with some Walking Dead!


Did you do anything fun this weekend?

1 comment:

Jess @ PaleoJess said...

We had a 40th birthday party on Saturday night and a 5th birthday party on Sunday, it was jam packed but so fun! Yummy foods today :) chicken soup looked amazingly!

Disclaimer: I am not a registered dietician nor do I have any type of medical training. Anything documented on this blog is my personal opinion or a learned experience.