Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Still No Taste

Here's what I ate today.

breakfast 

I'm on a smoothie roll!  The same thing as yesterday.  Equal parts mango, banana, pineapple, two handfuls of kale, and a splash of coconut water to get everything moving.


Around 10 I had oats made with water, chia seeds, blueberries, and unsweetened coconut.

lunch

Again my sense of taste is gone.  I didn't eat again until 2:30.  Trader joes chicken sausage, shredded sweet potato, grated zucchini, and kale all cooked in ghee.

dinner
I debated even photographing this dinner but it describes how I feel.  Look how sad it is.  As ridiculous as this sounds I was almost in tears at dinner.  I haven't tasted anything in over 48 hours.  I haven't made dinner in two days because I can't taste anything to season it.  The kids had chocolate chip pancakes and bacon for dinner so I had a little bit of each.

Tomorrow has got to be better!

Any suggestions on clearing up sinus stuff?

5 comments:

Jill said...

That really sucks. I think the only thing you need is time to heal. Hang in there.

Kristen said...

It's day three and I still can't taste anything. Whomp whomp! I agree with you. I just need time :(

catwon said...

Hope you feel better soon!

Kristen said...

Aww thanks girl :)

Jess @ PaleoJess said...

Oh no, I'm sure your all good with what essential oils to use. I use the young living oils and they have a blend called R.C. Within fantastic for sinus and breathing type infections. It has eucalyptus, myrtle, spruce, peppermint, pine, lavender, marjoram and cypress.
Your smoothie sounds fantastic.

Disclaimer: I am not a registered dietician nor do I have any type of medical training. Anything documented on this blog is my personal opinion or a learned experience.