Monday, February 2, 2015

No Taste At All

I feel so much better! Except I can't taste anything. You know your love for food is extreme when your loss of taste ruins your entire day. That may sound dramatic but I've felt such a mix of emotions today. Sadness, frustration, and anger. What in the world?! I'm praying tomorrow is back to normal!

Here's what I ate today.

breakfast 

I recreated my smoothie from yesterday (kale, pineapple, mango, banana, and coconut water). It was even better! Take that Whole Foods.  Plus Ezekiel toast with almond butter and coconut.

lunch

I ate breakfast at 7 and didn't eat lunch until 2.  I just wasn't hungry and my lack of taste was frustrating.  Around 2 I reheated some taco chicken, topped it with salsa, and ate it with plantain chips.  Didn't taste a thing!  I could feel that the salsa was cold but that's about it.

dinner

Same thing happened with dinner.  Same taco chicken, lettuce, salsa, and cheese on a corn tortilla.

Being sick is no fun!

Please tell me what you ate today.  Let me live through you!

6 comments:

Jill said...

I lost my taste over Christmas. It was the worst. No coffee taste was torture. I enjoyed a pancake today made with egg whites, oats, banana, and spinach topped with PB and syrup. Blend up and fry up.

Ashley Sheen said...

I love this new food journal style of posting. So glad you are blogging again! I hope your taste comes back ASAP!

Kristen said...

Ahhh thank you! I love reading food journal type posts :)

Kristen said...

Seriously.... not tasting my coffee is AWFUL. I know it sounds like I'm being dramatic but it is really depressing not being able to taste :(

Jess @ PaleoJess said...

Oh no poor thing, I hope this all clears up real soon. It sure sounded like it would've tasted so good.

Kristen said...

Lol! Thank you :)

Disclaimer: I am not a registered dietician nor do I have any type of medical training. Anything documented on this blog is my personal opinion or a learned experience.