Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year 2014

Will everyone have that title today? I tried to come up with something unique and witty. Oh well.

From Thanksgiving until a few days ago I let my eating slip.  Ok maybe slip is being nice.  I ate anything I wanted to… We're talking cookies, burgers, fries, cereal, pancakes… Like I didn't even know the paleo diet existed.  I'm sure everyone gets those binges.  The thing is mine lasted a month.  It took a month for me to realize what I was doing to my body.  I gained 10lbs, my face was broken out the whole month, and now I'm sick… I never get sick anymore. As soon as I let my guard down (cookies for breakfast anyone?!) I get a cold.  It happens every time!

But hey… It's January 1st. It's a clean slate right?  I actually started my clean eating a few days ago.  I had a jump start on the new year.

For the past few days I've been back to eggs, greens, and ghee for breakfast.

(two eggs and kale cooked in ghee)

I've been coming up with new combinations...

(plantains fried in coconut oil, grass fed beef, guacamole, and salsa)

We've been eating new mish moshes in bowls.

(chicken thighs, carrots, broccoli, snap peas, and cauliflower rice all cooked with coconut aminos, sesame oil, and fish sauce)

And I'm back to eating leftovers.

(grass fed burger topped with ketchup, bacon, pickles, and paleo mayo on top of grated sweet potato cooked in coconut oil)

How do you recover from the holidays?  Do you stay strong and resist the treats?

No comments:

Disclaimer: I am not a registered dietician nor do I have any type of medical training. Anything documented on this blog is my personal opinion or a learned experience.