Thursday, January 9, 2014

RECIPE: Paleo Hot Chocolate



Why didn't I think of this sooner? I've been looking for something to sip of an evening while I'm winding down. Maybe the sugar isn't that great before bed… I don't really care. I'm not in to tea and coffee is pretty much out of the question.  This fills the void of needing "something" after dinner and it's kind of like dessert.

Paleo Hot Chocolate

1.5 cups hot unsweetened almond milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
2-4 large pitted dates (depending on how sweet you want it)*

Put everything in a blender and blend on high for a minute or two.  Serve immediately.

*I find dates in the produce section of the grocery store.  The best kinds are not pitted.  Don't buy the ones that are already pitted.  Trust me.  There's a difference!



Do you feel like you need "something" after dinner?  If so, what do you have?  

No comments:

Disclaimer: I am not a registered dietician nor do I have any type of medical training. Anything documented on this blog is my personal opinion or a learned experience.