Monday, May 27, 2013

Gearing Up

I'm gearing up for Whole30 June!  Are you???  I'm excited.  I feel like I haven't made any progress in May.  I feel like I've been concentrating too hard on the mind battles I've been having.  I need to refocus.  I will be keeping my paleo pancakes this time around.

My eats lately have been pretty random... As usual!

Trying out a recipe for lemon poppyseed paleo pancakes.  The flavor was there but for some reason they wanted to fall apart.


Pulled pork and salt and vinegar cabbage.


Smoothies (almond milk, cacao nibs, banana, dates).  Ahhhh!


Chia pudding...


With sunflower seed butter and banana.


Peppers, onions, chicken sausage, avocado, kale chips.


And way too many of these little guys from Josh over at Slim Palate!

Are you up for Whole30 June?  What have you been eating this week?

12 comments:

Jess @ PaleoJess said...

Oh gosh I love the banana and nut butter on the chia pudding!! The kids will love that! Whole30 in June but I'm doing it without the daily blogging, I'll snap my pics on Instagram but I have too much going on to blog every night. My gf Rach is finally sorted to re-do her Whole30 so I'm doing it to support her :-)

Heather said...

All of these eats looks so good! I hope that lemon poppyseed pancake recipe can work out because I'd love to try it - sounds amazing! I've actually been doing an unofficial Whole30 the past couple weeks, but I'm going to think about doing an official one again soon!

Kristen said...

Let me know if you wanna do June with me :)

Kristen said...

Awesome! Tiffany is doing it too :)

Matt said...

Yay for Whole30 June :)

Kristen said...

Matt are you doing it???

Tiffany Campiotti said...

I feel like I took a huge step back this month. During April's W30 I didn't deal with the bad emotional habits I use food to cope with, I just ate W30 acceptable foods in place of "the bad food". I feel like it all exploded on me the last few weeks. Time to learn to deal with the baggage. My main focus during the June W30 will be retraining my eating habits/timing. Like Jess, I don't think I'll be blogging daily this time. I'm even considering giving up coffee this go around :)

Leslie said...

I am focusing on WholeLife, meaning I need to figure out how to make paleo/whole30 into ,y everyday life. No finish line or end date that way I don't go binge when it "ends". If that makes sense.

Kristen said...

I love that "WholeLife". It's so hard to find that balance!

GiGi Eats Celebrities said...

LOVE chicken sausage! My only problem is that a lot of brands add SUGAR to the mix! So frustrating! :(

Blissful Mama said...

I'm in too! But not quite so full on as before! I'll have a think about my own terms and conditions and blog about it. Also not doing the daily blog thing, but instagram is a great idea - photographing my food helps me stay on track! Can't afford to do the organic thing either. The Whole Life concept is a good one - that's more where I am heading I think - or at least where I would like to think I am heading towards!

Kristen said...

I feel ya girl! I think part of the Whole30 is finding out what works for you and what you can do. :)

Disclaimer: I am not a registered dietician nor do I have any type of medical training. Anything documented on this blog is my personal opinion or a learned experience.