Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Better Late Than Never

I worked on this post off and on yesterday and was planning on posting after dinner.  My evening was more hectic than planned.  Dinner was two fried eggs and bacon eaten at the kitchen counter.  Sometimes it just happens that way!

Breakfast:

Southwest Frittata  This is so great leftover.  Plus some cantaloupe.

Gym:
An hour of pilates.  I've been doing pilates for a few months now.  Maybe twice a week on average.  It's taken this long to show any improvement.  That class is HARD and I just yesterday I noticed I could do a lot more than I used to.  It was definitely a good feeling.

Snack:

A snack sized larabar.  These are perfect if you are watching calories... (like me!)

Plus they are perfect for little hands...

My kids love them!

Lunch:

Lunch is starting to become a random mix of everything.  Usually leftovers combined with fresh produce.


Ground chicken, onion, broccoli, spinach, and melted coconut butter on top.

Snack:

I was seriously craving something sweet this afternoon.  I don't buy chocolate often so I eat a lot of dates....


Stuffed with sunflower seed butter.

This will probably mean two posts in one day!  Hopefully this evening won't be as crazy as last night.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes leftovers and fresh produce make the best lunches :) You're son is a handsome little guy!

Jen@HealthyFoodandFamily said...

Lunch looks awesome! Some of my better meals have just been random things thrown together ;)

Jen@HealthyFoodandFamily

The Primalist said...

Sweet, I haven't seen those bite-sized Larabars in stores up here in Canada, but that's an awesome idea. I almost never feel like eating an entire Larabar, but often end up eating it just because I already opened it..

Disclaimer: I am not a registered dietician nor do I have any type of medical training. Anything documented on this blog is my personal opinion or a learned experience.