Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Pancake Rut

Y'all I'm in a little bit of a rut.

I eat too many pancakes.  I had one this morning for breakfast.

Gym:  30 minutes with my trainer.  We used cables and did back the entire time.  It was HARD.  I'll be sore tomorrow for sure.  Plus 30 minutes on the stair master.

Lunch was a salad eaten out and I forgot to photograph it.

I didn't forget to take a picture of my coffee though!

Priorities people.

I also caught myself on camera sneaking in a treat.

A heath bar cookie.  Ugh.  I felt bad eating it but I think it might have been worth it!  I haven't had a cookie in awhile.

Dinner:

Both of my kids napped this afternoon so I made most of our dinner around 3:00.

I baked chicken, chopped broccoli, and roasted a spaghetti squash.

There has got to be an easier way to cut a squash in half.  Anyone got any ideas?

I also made sunshine sauce.
 

Paleo pad thai for dinner.  One of our favorites!


Chopsticks included.


Since it's fall I've been seriously craving a pumpkin muffin.  I've been splurging on pumpkin spice lattes once in awhile but can't bring myself to eat a muffin.

I tried this recipe last night for pumpkin cake bars.

I didn't have the ingredients for the icing but they didn't need them.  These were AWESOME.

The kiddos liked them!


What are you guys eating for breakfast?  Hopefully not a pancake everyday!

8 comments:

jill said...

You gotta microwave that squash action-then it is so easy to cut. Hey, I think next time I'm gonna make a double batch of the sunshine sauce-it is so good.
For breakfast I have fruit and nuts or bircher muesli. Or toast. :)

Tiffany said...

Smoothies are usually my norm, or if I'm going to cook, I do a scramble of whatever veggies I have on hand and a combo of eggs and egg whites. Or Greek yogurt (plain) with some protein powder mixed in, perhaps a few berries.
I pinned a paleo pumpkin pie recipe that I need to try. Your pumpkin bars look yummy.
Meant to tell you, making your own coconut flakes is very easy...buy a whole coconut, crack it in half, bake it at 350* till it starts to separate from the shell, pop it out of the shell (butter knife works good), shave off the brown w/a vegetable peeler, use the peeler to shave the meat into strips or grate it using another method, then pop it back in the oven till lightly browned, stirring frequently. It's a bit time consuming, but so worth it in the end!

Danielle @ Clean Food Creative Fitness said...

That dinner looks amazing and those pumpkin spice bars sound so good! I have so much trouble cutting spaghetti squash too! Sometimes I'll bake it whole for 30 minutes before slicing it in half! Makes it so much easier!

Ally's Sweet and Savory Eats said...

I agree, I feel like my arm is going to break in half each time I cut throw a spaghetti squash!

Kristen @ Change of Pace said...

Getting a coconut today!!!

Kristen @ Change of Pace said...

Duhhh! That makes a lot of sense! That's what I'll do from now on.

Kristen @ Change of Pace said...

I worry about my fingers. One day I'll chop one off instead of the squash!

Anonymous said...

Are your kids eating paleo?
I'd like to try but am concerned about losing weight. I'm pathetically slightly underweight now and I already eat a ton of healthy fats, etc. I can't afford organic meats and I don't live in an area that sells grass fed or antibiotic free....I don't feel "right" buying hormone pumped stuff and I can't afford to eat ALOT of chicken. I already eat TONS of fish (hello sardines and salmon) :)
I eat tons of avocados, nut butters, oils...dark chocolate..oops.

Dairy, and grains too.

But I still feel so digestively off and have such low energy. I dunno ...frustrating.

In meantime, your newest post is so cute! And DO NOT feel bad for eating a cookie. If you can't enjoy your life in a day to day flow, then something's wrong. You have to live in each day and be okay with your actions. Life is a journey.

I want you to come and cook for me super bad. You seem like you could cook me up such awesome, nourishing meals :)

What is your workout routine anyway? Do you post a weekly workout log like some bloggers do?

Love the look of your blog by the way. It's fresh and easy to navigate and a simple, soft atomosphere (color and layout).

Jill

Disclaimer: I am not a registered dietician nor do I have any type of medical training. Anything documented on this blog is my personal opinion or a learned experience.