Monday, October 29, 2012

Fall Foods

Breakfast:
 
Pumpkin paleo pancake- 3/4 banana mashed with an egg, 1/2t pumpkin pie spice, and 1/4c pumpkin.  Cooked in coconut oil and topped with the rest of the banana, sunflower seed butter, and flaxseed.

Plus coffee with a small splash of half and half.


Gym:  an hour of pilates

Snack:

A handful of leftover roasted sweet potatoes.  Maybe half of a medium sweet potato?

Lunch:

Leftovers from the other night.  Collard greens, chicken, and cooked carrots.

Dinner:

I started dinner earlier in the day.

I used this recipe as a guideline to roast some chicken pieces and random veggies.


I chopped up a sweet potato, a whole butternut squash, one garlic clove, and a small onion.  I tossed them with baby carrots, some leftover mushrooms, fresh rosemary, dried basil, dried sage, dried oregano, melted coconut oil, salt and pepper.  I did the same coconut oil, herb, salt, and pepper mix on the chicken.  I put everything in a roasting pan with a cup of chicken stock.  I covered it with foil and baked it at 325* for 2 hours.

After an hour I stirred all the veggies around and covered it back up and put it back in the oven.


After 2 hours I took the temp of the chicken (it was 170*) and then put it back in the oven at 500* for 10 minutes.


Crispy skin!


This was amazing you guys.  I'll have to write down exact ingredients next time.

What is your favorite fall food?  Mine has got to be pumpkin spice lattes and pumpkin muffins.  Which I can't eat now! I really am loving squash this season though.   

5 comments:

Danielle @ Clean Food Creative Fitness said...

Everything looks amazing! Want to come and cook for me? That lunch looks delicious!

Kristen @ Change of Pace said...

Everything is so easy to make! I'll come cook anytime :)

The Primalist said...

I'm also loving squash this season - more so than ever before. I could eat it for dessert. And I tried making banana "pancakes" for the first time ever this week - I want to experiment a bit further, but definitely has potential for a regular weekend breakfast/brunch item - so yummy.

Ally's Sweet and Savory Eats said...

I've got to try the banana pancake thing...seeing that everywhere! Your dinner looks really, really good.

Suzanne @ Fit Minded Mom said...

I love the paleo pancakes but I have never tried it with pumpkin in it. I normally just use an egg and a banana...

The chicken dish looks good too but for some reason I am scared of chicken with bones it it. I always use boneless/skinless breasts for everything.

Disclaimer: I am not a registered dietician nor do I have any type of medical training. Anything documented on this blog is my personal opinion or a learned experience.