Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Ma! The Meatloaf!

I have to share our dinner from last night. It's one of our favorites.

Southwest Meatloaf from paleOMG
Topped with 1/4 of an avocado.

Plus I made mashed sweet potatoes.

I know y'all... You are thinking that looks effing gross.  It was delicious and my kids even ate it!

It was two white sweet potatoes and one orange sweet potato (that's what made the gross color) boiled in water.  I smashed them using my stand mixer and added a couple tablespoons of grassfed butter, some chicken broth, and salt.  I sprinkled cinnamon on mine.  The husband put hot sauce on his.

I doubled the meatloaf recipe and made a ton of sweet potatoes so we had leftovers.

Dinner for the hubs (he's rarely home in time for dinner), lunch for him, and lunch for me.  Meal planning in action!

BREAKFAST:

Two ingredient pancake with sunflower butter.

Plus coffee.  I drink coffee every morning with a little splash of the kids organic whole milk.


GYM:
30 minutes with my personal trainer (arms) + 30 minutes on the stair climber.

SNACK:

1/4c of sweet potato mash with cinnamon and probably 1/4t of maple syrup.  This was so satisfying after a tough workout.  I might start keeping mashed sweet potatoes in the fridge!

LUNCH:

Leftover meatloaf, 1/4 avocado, and sweet potato mash (no maple syrup this time!).

Looks to me like sharing last night's dinner might be a trend.  We'll see!  Tonight I'm taking some pictures for a friend so I'll have to share tonight's dinner tomorrow.

If you are a blogger when do you do posts?  Daily?  Weekly?   
If you aren't a blogger how often do you like to see posts?  

4 comments:

Ally's Sweet and Savory Eats said...

I made turkey meatloaf last night with roasted sweet potatoes...we were obviously thinking on the same page:)

As you know, I'm a blogger - blogging 3-4 times a week:)

Kerry @ Totes My Oats said...

I must be weird because I looked at the mashed sweet potatoes and thought, "Those look sooo good!" haha. I blog when I can. I shoot for daily but if I'm too busy, it doesn't happen!

Danielle @ Clean Food Creative Fitness said...

You eat just like me! Can't believe I haven't come across your blog before!!! Everything looks super yummy and now I want another 2 ingredient pancake!

Tiffany said...

The potatoes look yum :) I've heard Rob Wolf recommend sweet potato post workout BTW. The meatloaf sounds good too. Wouldn't have thought to put the avocado on top (love love avocado).
I blog when I can, usually a few times a week :)

Disclaimer: I am not a registered dietician nor do I have any type of medical training. Anything documented on this blog is my personal opinion or a learned experience.