Friday, October 19, 2012

Week of Eats and Podcast


A little of what I ate this week…

Pulled pork, paleo pad thai, stuffed acorn squash (ground chicken and salsa), so much sunflower seed butter!, apples and raw almond butter, and ham and egg scrambles. 

How have I do this week on dinners so far?

Monday- Breakfast two fried eggs and bacon- I was so lazy!
Tuesday- Paleo pad thai DID IT!
Wednesday- Asian meatballs I subbed coconut aminos for the soy sauce and almond flour for the panko.  It was delicious!
Thursday- Turkey tacosI burned them in the crockpot!  We ate leftovers.
Friday- Pulled pork and collard greens  This meal was AWESOME.  That might go on weekly!

I’ve been listening to a lot of the balanced bites podcasts and I came across this one today that I really loved.  It talked a lot about body image and composition.  Personally, I’ve been struggling with weight gain and loss all of my life.  The bottom line of the podcast was to nurture your body and be happy with it.  It was exactly what I needed this week.  

What have you been eating this week?  Anything interesting?

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

I'll have to check out that podcast. I really enjoy listening to stuff while I do housework. Wish I had exciting food to share. Last night we skewered mushrooms and onions and grilled them and roasted brussel sprouts. Mmmmmm. Have a great weekend!

Kristen @ Change of Pace said...

That totally sounds like something we would make! Sounds delicious!

jill said...

I almost burnt the turkey too!! :) That pulled pork is amazing!! We loved it over here..Thanks again for meal planning inspiration.

Disclaimer: I am not a registered dietician nor do I have any type of medical training. Anything documented on this blog is my personal opinion or a learned experience.