Thursday, June 13, 2013

Whole30 Day 11, 12, 13

Holy cow yesterday sucked.  I came down with some kind of stomach bug and was literally couch bound all day on Wednesday.  Have you ever tried to entertain a four year old and a two year old from the couch?  It's nearly impossible.  They watched endless tv and I don't think they even had a real meal yesterday.  I just dumped snacks into bowls and went back to the couch.  Poor parenting?  Maybe... but I was down.  Like I didn't want to move.  The kids and I got a bad stomach bug on the last Whole30 I did.  Coincidence?  Who knows.  So here are my eats from the past few days.

Day 11

Breakfast- Smoothie with cherries, kale, cashew milk, chias, and banana.
Lunch- To go!  Two hardboiled eggs, half an avocado, and homemade mayo.  Plus roasted carrots and olives.
Dinner- Coconut shrimp and roasted carrots.

Day 12 (my sick day)

I ate these randomly throughout the day.  Smoothie with cashew milk, banana, and sunflower seed butter.  Cashews, raisins, and one of the kids applesauce packs.  Coffee and a banana.  I've been wanting the same thing when I get sick.  Cashews and bananas.

Day 13
I woke up feeling much better but my belly still isn't right.  Today was hit or miss with food.

Breakfast-  Smoothie made with cherries, kale, banana, chia seeds, and cashew milk.  Plus one scrambled egg in coconut oil.  This felt good on my belly...
Lunch-  A coconut Larabar and some go raw pizza flax snax.  Those little guys are GOOD!  Expensive but good.   
Dinner-  Applegate farms grass fed burger with paleo mayo, bacon, a fried egg, and avocado.  Plus sweet potato fries.  This did not feel good on my belly.

What is your favorite comfort food?  

7 comments:

Jess @ PaleoJess said...

Oh no Kristen, it really sucks that your sick again. It's really tough trying to rest with kids, Will would never let me lounge around, he'd be pulling me all over the place. Goods eats still, when my tummy is upset eggs is about all I can manage. hope the tummy feels better tomorrow.

Tiffany Campiotti said...

So sorry you got another tummy bug! Rough. I think it's probably just coincidence that it happened again. My usual go-to "sick food"? Bread & butter. Lol. Now? Probably sweet potato, banana, nuts or nut butter. Hope tomorrow is back to 100%!

Kristen said...

I don't know what's going on! These kids are little petrie dishes thats for sure. I've never gotten sick until they started school! Blah!

Danielle said...

So sorry to hear you weren't feeling well. Hopefully you're on the mend and will be back to normal soon! Have a great weekend!

Michelle @ Eat Move Balance said...

Being couch-bound is no fun! When I'm feeling poorly, my comfort foods are sweet potatoes or roasted kabocha squash.

Kristen said...

Isn't it funny that most of our comfort foods are starchy? I wonder why???

Kristen said...

Aww thanks Danielle!

Disclaimer: I am not a registered dietician nor do I have any type of medical training. Anything documented on this blog is my personal opinion or a learned experience.