Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Whole30 Day 17

Whew alright things are taking another "change of pace" around here.  I was informed that I really only have two more months... See... I haven't been counting down the days until my husband comes home.  Honestly I don't even think about it because it can become obsessive and disappointing.  So when I found out it would be about 60 days I kind of freaked out.  Am I happy with the way I look?

Y'all might start to think I'm crazy.

"Gawd Kristen's husband needs to appreciate her!  He should love her the way she looks because she looks HOTTTT."  

Well... there are two good things about deployments.  1- well... more money and 2- getting hot while your man is gone!

Let's make this clear.  I know I'm not overweight and I'm not obsessing over this... for long... I just want to look amazing when he sees me for the first time in 7 months.

So here's what I've got to lose:


In order to lose whatever I can I'm tracking calories again, meal prepping, and doing more HIIT training at the gym.  
Honestly, I've missed meal prepping!  Yesterday was awesome because I just reheated my meals!  On Sunday I only made three days worth though instead of making five.  I think that will be the key so I don't get burnt out.

Breakfast:

Two eggs, two egg whites, spinach, and garlic cooked in coconut oil.

Lunch:

4oz asian chicken thighs (from nom nom paleo), broccoli, and 4oz sweet potato.

Dinner:

4oz. grass fed beef, mashed cauliflower, carrots, and broccoli.

That doesn't include two protein shakes... I know they aren't whole30 but I do just fine with them.  I had one after the gym and one before bed.  I'm not sure the one before bed is necessary.

Be patient y'all while I figure this out.  My meals my be up and down and a little random.  

Would you want to look hot for your wife/hubs gf/bf if you hadn't seen them in 7 months?

8 comments:

Danielle said...

Amazing work! Meal prep really does simplify everything. Best of luck, I know you'll get where you want to be :)

Tiffany Campiotti said...

All I gotta say....don't make yourself crazy. Otherwise, go for it.

Blissful Mama said...

Its great to have such a goal and deadline, but I'm sure you'll look hot after 7 months anyway. I'm noting your portion size - I think that's my next step...

Michelle @ Eat Move Balance said...

For sure!! It's fun to be looking extra special for when he comes home! :)

lindsay @ fuelmyfamily said...

I always wear a nice tight dress and heels :). If he hasn't seen me in 9 months I want to look hot! Not that he would care, but I do. And I think I always lose like 5 lbs the week before he comes home because i am running around like a crazy lady cleaning, food prepping, ironing, etc so we don't have to do anything chore related for a week or two once hes home! As if hes going to notice the blinds are dusted and the floor boards scrubbed!

Jess @ PaleoJess said...

Absolutely Kristen, ditto to what Tiff said. I would definitely want to look my best, my hub only goes away for 5 days each week and when he comes home I make sure everything is in order and I cook a great homecoming meal :) 60 more days...squeal!

Kristen said...

TRUE! :)

Kristen said...

You are the meal prep queen girl. I learned from you!

Disclaimer: I am not a registered dietician nor do I have any type of medical training. Anything documented on this blog is my personal opinion or a learned experience.