Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Whole30 Days 18 and 19

I just want to say regarding my last post... I don't think counting macros is a lifestyle and I know it can become obsessive.   Especially for someone with minor OCD like me.  I'm trying to stick to 40% protein, 40% carbs, and 20% fat.  That's pretty basic and a good place to start.  We'll see how it goes!



My meals for the last two days have been exactly the same.  Really it's been nice.  Three days in a row eating the same thing isn't bad.  Plus I've had more time to focus on what the kids are eating.  It seems like I'm putting my creativity towards that instead of myself.  Benefits all around...

Breakfast:

One egg, one cup egg whites, one cup of spinach cooked in a teaspoon of coconut oil.

Lunch:

4oz asian chicken thighs, broccoli, and 4oz sweet potato.

Dinner:

4oz grass fed beef, mashed cauliflower, and steamed broccoli and carrots.

Since I ate the last of my meals today I made more for the next three days.


Everything's set!

Do you count calories?

7 comments:

Jess @ PaleoJess said...

I love the flowers :-) hey great job on the prepping as always, you do that so well.

Jessie Berney said...

I would love to see a post on what your kids eat. I struggle finding new & creative ways to feed my toddler!!

jill said...

Do you snack on nuts/and fruit also or is this one days worth......I can tell you I eat a whole lot more than this..:) I use MFP once in awhile to keep on track.

Kristen said...

I'm totally getting the hang of it!

Kristen said...

You must have read my mind... I've been working on photographing my kids meals!

Kristen said...

In my daily pictures you are missing the protein shake and an apple I ate that afternoon. In the meal planning one breakfast is missing. I plugged in 1300 calories 40% protein, 40% carbs, and 20% fat... It doesn't really look like much but it's a little over 1300 calories and is really close to the macros. I haven't been hungry but if I do get hungry I'll snack.

Kristen said...

Haha! It's so true that you have to do what works for you! The thing about your on the fly eating is you are SO good at it. Your meals are always balanced and varied. I would struggle with it!

Disclaimer: I am not a registered dietician nor do I have any type of medical training. Anything documented on this blog is my personal opinion or a learned experience.