Sunday, June 9, 2013

Whole30 Day 9

Breakfast:

Calm down Whole30 police.  It's Sunday and I wanted pancakes.  It's OK.  This was the almond flour recipe with 1/4c of blueberries added.  Plus coconut butter on top.  I already told myself I wasn't going to be as restrictive this time around with my pancakes.  I miss them... mmmk?

Lunch:

Leftover pork burgers with caramelized onions, mayo, and avocado.  Plus green beans.  Those little burgers are so good with that mayo and those onions... and that avocado.  The combination is amazing.

Snack:

Cherry chia smoothie... recipe coming soon!

Dinner:

It summertime!

I skipped the corn this time.

And ate endless chicken legs and a big ol' sweet potato!

Tell me your favorite summer food!
I love the sweet berries and being able to cook everything outside.  Less clean up!

10 comments:

Jess @ PaleoJess said...

Yes Kristen I love cooking outside during summer, everything goes on the grill. I love the fruits of summer, peaches and apricots and the sweetest berries....oh I miss summer already.

Tiffany Campiotti said...

Nom-nom-nom. I gotta get more charcoal for the grill. It's been too frickin' hot to cook inside. I'll have to try the sweet potatoes on the BBQ. I got some purple ones this week :)

Kristen said...

The sweet potatoes are yummy!

Kristen said...

It's so strange to me that summer is over for you and its just beginning for me!

Matt said...

Drooling over those pancakes!

Kristen said...

Ha!

Ally's Sweet & Savory Eats said...

I'm with ya on the berries - I picked two huge flats (18 lbs!) of strawberries over the weekend. And I'm covered in bug bites to prove it:) And don't give yourself any guilt about those pancakes. You deserve it.

Michelle @ Eat Move Balance said...

I completely agree--being able to cook entire meals on the grill is awesome. Besides that everything grilled seems to taste better, I love having less to clean-up.

Kristen said...

Omg! You are crazy! Whatcha going to do with all those berries?

Ally's Sweet & Savory Eats said...

I made 5 batches of jam with the first flat. Took some to a new mom, took some to work and the rest I'm going to freeze for smoothies!

Disclaimer: I am not a registered dietician nor do I have any type of medical training. Anything documented on this blog is my personal opinion or a learned experience.