Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Whole30 Day 4 and 5

I'm trying to organize these posts as well as I can. I'm trying to keep pictures and writing to a minimum because I know I personally don't like to read lengthy posts. Hopefully this works!

So I've been distracted the past few days with this little guy:

I got a new car! Ever tried to buy a car in your husbands name while he's not here? It's a lot of fun... Let me tell you.


Day 4- paleo pancake topped with salted cinnamon coconut chips, Nuttzo, and banana
Day 5- hamburger helper, sweet potato, and an egg


I am LOVING grated sweet potato pan fried in coconut oil.  Ahhhh heaven y'all!


Look how crispy it is!


Day 4- hamburger helper topped with avocado
Day 5- a whole can of tuna packed in olive oil mixed with half an avocado, roasted sweet potato, and two peaches


I made little sandwiches!


Day 4- hamburger helper, grated pan fried sweet potato, and an egg
Day 5- more hamburger helper mixed with extra kale and cauliflower rice

I've had a really good couple of days you guys!

I found this snack at the store.  AHHHHH.  I need more NOW.

I noticed I don't want starch some weeks and then other weeks I'm really into starches.  This week I'm obviously a fan because I've been eating sweet potatoes with everything.

As I'm finishing this post I don't like the layout.  I like posting every other day though.  I'll organize this better.

What is your favorite way to eat sweet potato?

18 comments:

Jess @ PaleoJess said...

Wooo new car! I find that I need starchy foods (sweet potato) every couple of days, it helps keep my sugar cravings under control (and my urge to over eat at the end if the day).

Kristen said...

Yep! I think that's me too!

Kristen said...

Coconut oil!!! Good idea!

Matt said...

Nice new ride! What kind of car is it?

Kristen said...

Honda CRV :)

Danielle said...

This totally reminds me I need to make your hamburger helper next week! Congrats on the new car!

Michelle @ Eat Move Balance said...

You got my "dream car"! I'm a huge fan of Honda, and currently drive an Accord. My dream is to one day have a CRV. :)


My currently favorite way to eat sweet potatoes is diced up with diced turnips and sliced onions, and then roasted in the oven.

M. Love said...

A - can you PLEASE come cook for me - I need a break but want to stay Paleo! haha
B - You made me hungry...thanks a lot haha :)
Miss ya buddy!

Jenny @ Paleofoodiekitchen said...

Congratulations on your handsome shiny new car!! :)
Lovely looking meals you got there especially the ones for breakfast!

Kristen said...

Ahhh thank you!

Kristen said...

Yep! I'll be right there to cook!

Kristen said...

Thank you girl!!!

Kristen said...

I wanted it SO bad. It was definitely time!

Bree Moseley said...

I'm OBSESSED with grated sweet potato, especially since I can grate a week's worth in my food processor. I know what you mean about trying to do stuff in your husband's name without him being there. When he was deployed we had just gotten married and I hadn't changed my name yet, so I would have to bring our marriage certificate with me to do anything big without him there. Your car is beautiful! I love those CRVs.

Kristen said...

Great idea to use the food processor. I've just been grating a little bit at a time as I use it. :)

Anonymous said...

I've found that drinking tepid water (6-8 oz) with half a lemon squeezed into it gives me the alkaline ph I need so that I do not suffer from acid reflux. I drink this if I am suffering or at least once a day to give my liver a chance to detoxify at the same time.

Feel free to visit my blog post zoom teeth whitening reviews 2011

Aubrey Harms said...

I just tried your paleo pancakes for the first time and I'm obsessed! I've had them the last 3 days. Thank you so much!

Kristen said...

I'm obsessed with them too girl! I'm so glad you liked them :)

Disclaimer: I am not a registered dietician nor do I have any type of medical training. Anything documented on this blog is my personal opinion or a learned experience.