Monday, June 24, 2013

Whole30 Day 20-23

All weekend I kept meaning to do a blog post.  It just never happened.  You guys probably know how that is.  I've pretty much been eating the same things anyways.  Yesterday I did some meal prep so I figured I'd share it with you.  I've been working on a post about macros so I'm not going to get into that here but I can show you what I do to meal prep it!

Yesterday I made my list:

That is every meal for three days.  If you want to know it's 1,300 calories and is 41% protein, 40% carbohydrates, and 19% fat.

That meal plan is so simple!  All I needed to cook was chicken, turkey, sweet potato, broccoli, and carrots.  I make breakfast every morning.

I made the chicken and turkey in my crockpot.  A couple hours on low.


Then I set the oven for 400 and roasted the broccoli and carrots.  I also threw a couple sweet potatoes in too.


Seriously... It was that easy.

When everything was done I got out my containers, food scale, and measuring cups.


Lunch and dinner for three days.


Lunch- 4oz. chicken breast, 1/2c broccoli, 1/2c sweet potato.


Dinner- 3oz. turkey breast, 1/2c broccoli, 1/2c carrots, 1/2c sweet potato.


Honestly it tastes like it looks... A little bland and boring.

I did and do season things with Mrs. Dash seasoning.  The ingredient list is clean!  Surprisingly!


And pretty much put mustard on everything... Also, clean!


That looks much more exciting.  Kinda.

What is your favorite sauce or seasoning mix?

No comments:

Disclaimer: I am not a registered dietician nor do I have any type of medical training. Anything documented on this blog is my personal opinion or a learned experience.