Sunday, March 3, 2013

RECIPE: Banana Bread Paleo Pancakes

Y'all it's Sunday.  Do you know what Sunday is in my house?

Every Friday night is pizza, popcorn, and a movie.  Every Sunday is pancake and bacon day!

I've had banana bread pancakes on my brain for a few weeks now. I finally made it come to life this morning.


Banana Bread Paleo Pancakes

1/4 cup mashed banana
1 egg
1 egg white
1/4 cup almond flour
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon chopped walnuts
Grass-fed butter for the top

Make sure your banana is mashed really well in a bowl.  Whisk in your egg, egg whites, almond flour, and cinnamon.  Stir in your walnuts.  Melt a teaspoon of fat (I would use ghee or butter) in a pan on medium-low heat. Pour in the pancake batter to form three small pancakes.  Let the pancakes cook for about five minutes on one side.  You don't want to try to turn them too soon or they will fall apart.  Low and slow is the key.  You may have to peek and see if they are ready to flip.  When they look golden brown flip them over and let the other side cook for about two minutes.

These were so good topped with more walnuts, banana, and butter.
Someone made them already on Instagram and she used pecans.  Ahhh!  Why didn't I think of that.  Toasted pecans would be so good.


Nut butter would also be good on top or maybe just a drizzle of pure maple syrup if you want to get crazy!

12 comments:

cornwallst59 said...

These look fabulous. I did banana paleo pancakes yesterday for breakfast using coconut flour. I bought almond meal today so my next week pancakes should be even better. Need to get some pecans to complete the yumminess.

Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl said...

These looks awesome, and would be so great drizzled with almond butter! Thanks for sharing the recipe :).

allybillhorn said...

I love walnuts and pecans....in a pancake? Even better!

Danielle said...

These look amazing! I totally want pancakes now ;)

Crystal Coco said...

YUM!

Matt said...

Delicious!

Jess said...

oh yu-uuuuum. Love a good paleo pancake.

Tiffany Campiotti said...

Love!!

Kristen said...

Probably my most favorite paleo thing :)

Kristen said...

Almond butter would be awesome too!

Kristen said...

I'm not the biggest fan of coconut flour... It just has a strange texture to me.

Corinne Alexandra said...

These were great! Slathered them in almond butter. ;)

Disclaimer: I am not a registered dietician nor do I have any type of medical training. Anything documented on this blog is my personal opinion or a learned experience.