Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Birthday Presents

My birthday is on the 28th... I already got two birthday presents early and oh man are they good.

Breakfast:

Present number one!  My friend knows me too well.  She gave this to me and she said it was for summer drinks.  Yesssss!  I can't wait!  For now it's a green smoothie cup.

Lunch:

Repeat!

Snack?:
No gym today again... TOMORROW!  AHHHH!

So let me tell you a little bit about skipping the gym.  At first you eat all healthy and are super strict because you are missing the gym... but after a few days that all goes out the window.

You make little sunflower seed butter filled chocolate cups and...

since they are paleo you eat the whole batch in one sitting...


Dinner:
Then you go out to dinner and even more stuff flies out the window because you order a cheese burger.  Not a salad... A big ol' cheeseburger and you shove it in your face.

Well that's what I did.  TOMORROW!!!

After I got home from burger heaven the UPS guy brought me a package!


The hubs ordered me a birthday present.

A Le Creuset pot is like my Vitamix.  I've wanted one for YEARS but would never actually buy myself one because they are expensive.  The hubs got me my Vitamix too for our anniversary.  He knows the way to my heart.

What's the best gift you've ever gotten?

10 comments:

Michelle @ Eat Move Balance said...

OMG!! You're going to love the Le Creuset!! I just bought my first one back around the holidays--and have fallen in love. Seriously. That and my Vitamix are my FAVORITE items in my kitchen. LOVE them both. The french oven will amaze you--I can't wait for you to start cooking with it!! :)

Ally's Sweet & Savory Eats said...

What awesome presents! The hubs truly does know the way to your heart! Don't feel guilty about that burger, you deserve it, and if we deprive ourselves of everything, we'd be living a truly boring life!
Happy early birthday! Our little gal has one that week too:)

Jenni said...

I love that cup! I could so see myself floating around the pool with that in my hand... :)

That Le Creuset is gorgeous! I think my favorite gift from my husband was my fuzzy logic rice cooker - we eat a ton of rice, plus it works with other grains, like quinoa, and I get perfect results every time.

Tiffany Campiotti said...

Best gift- Vitamix. WTG hubs :) I love your new cup, totally awesome! I know how you feel with the workout/food correlation. You'll feel better once you get a good sweat on.

Kristen said...

I have been looking in to getting a rice cooker. My kids eat a lot of rice and I can see it creeping back in to my diet :)

Kristen said...

Just got home from the gym and you are right. I feel so much better!

Kristen said...

You are totally right!

Kristen said...

I'm so glad to hear you say that! I can't wait!

Robyn said...

Sometimes for birthdays you just flex a little and enjoy that batch of sunflower seed butter cups and then deal with it later :) cause it's your birthday! One of the best gifts I ever got was my vacuum....man that thing sucks! I mean it, I loooove vacuuming now :)

Jess @ JessieBear said...

1) Your birthday gifts are awesome. 2) HOLY CRAP I NEED THOSE CHOCOLATES. They're paleo, that totally justifies eating them in one sitting (maybe I shouldn't make these...)

Disclaimer: I am not a registered dietician nor do I have any type of medical training. Anything documented on this blog is my personal opinion or a learned experience.