Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Sick Kiddo

Breakfast:

Well that picture is getting old isn't it?  One egg, one egg white, spinach...

And coffee!

That picture never gets old.

Gym:  Y'all I have a sick kiddo!

No gym... Eeeeshhhh it's been three days.  I'm anxious and feeling fat.

Lunch:

Leftovers- brussels and pork topped with Steve's Original maple mustard sauce and a fried egg.

Snack:

Since sweet pea was sick we made popcorn this afternoon and watched a movie.  I had a cup of popcorn.

It's been a long time since we've made a bag of popcorn.  We've been making it on the stove for awhile now.  I even switched our oil to coconut oil and it's heavenly.

Never made it on the stove before?  You are missing out!  Check out the ingredient list on that bag of popcorn you make in the microwave... Yuck.

Maybe I need to make a popcorn recipe post?  Three ingredients- corn kernels, coconut oil, and salt.  Even my kids won't eat the bagged kind like they will the stove top.

Dinner:

Leftover paleo pad thai.

I was really craving something for dessert after dinner so I also had half a banana with sunflower seed butter and cinnamon with a cup of homemade almond milk.  It hit the spot.


What's your favorite dessert?

12 comments:

Kelly Fredrick said...

Hope she feels better! We have been sick on and off for the past week. Today was my first day working out since last Wednesday so I know how you feel!

Melissa Love said...

Hope she feels better!! I have not had straight up almond milk -- I miss milk though....may have to try it!

Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl said...

Aww, poor kiddo. I hope she feels better soon!

I just bought an air popper to make popcorn and it is AWESOME! No more bagged popcorn for me!

Kim said...

I haven't had dessert in so long but that looks good! :) Hope your little one is feeling better today.

Robyn said...

I recently started making popcorn with coconut oil too! I have a special bowl to microwave the kernels in and it truly does taste SO MUCH better than the waxy bagged stuff from when I was a kid, that left a weird film on the roof of my mouth. Sorry your little one is sick! Hope she feels better soon

Tiffany Campiotti said...

Mid afternoon is usually when my "dessert" craving hits. Lately I take a 1/2 cup of frozen mixed berries and thaw them out in the micro. Then I stir in 1-2 Tbsp of almond butter (homemade) and a scoop of protein powder. Sometimes I'll throw in some plain greek yogurt. I know it sounds weird, but it's very tasty. Sweet enough to hit the spot but also loaded with protein and good fat.
Hope the little one gets better soon. It's hard when the the kids are sick.
I personally stopped buying the bagged popcorn a few years back. When I started hearing about workers in the plants with "popcorn lung" and all kinds of health related issues related with some of the ingredients, it made me stop and think. It was a no-brainer for me...especially since it's so easy to make my own on the stove and I know there aren't any additives I need to worry about.

Kristen said...

Ugh! You totally know how I feel!

Kristen said...

I've never been a fan of milk... Love almond milk though!

Kristen said...

I know right! It just tastes so much different!

Kristen said...

You are doing such an awesome job though. SOON!

Kristen said...

I was going to say something about the film in my mouth but thought people would think I was weird. Glad I'm not the only one :)

Kristen said...

I've gotta try that!

Disclaimer: I am not a registered dietician nor do I have any type of medical training. Anything documented on this blog is my personal opinion or a learned experience.