Monday, March 18, 2013

Color Run and Greens

The color run was one of the coolest things I've ever done!


If you ever get a chance to do it... DO IT!


I didn't know what to expect so I think that made things even better.

Plus the weather was gorgeous, my kids were angels, and I was with my family.  

Breakfast:

One egg, one egg white, spinach, and coffee with almond milk.

Gym:  I was dancing when I put my gym clothes on this morning.  Then squirrel puked on herself in the car on the way to school.  No gym today.

WHY ARE WE SICK ALL THE TIME?!  It seems like people that eat junk and feed their kids junk are never sick.  We can't get rid of colds this year... Any advice you guys?

Lunch:

Tuna cake with massaged kale.

Plus half of a strawberry kombucha.

Strawberry is my favorite flavor!

I'm having a bit of a repeat of last week. My body's starting to ache. I'm starting to feel congested. So this afternoon I sipped bone broth. It worked last week.  Let's hope it works again!

Dinner:

Pulled pork, sauerkraut, and chard from meal prep!  More greens!

And the other half of that kombucha.


What's the coolest race you've ever ran?

15 comments:

Kim said...

Glad you had fun! Isn't the shirt super soft??

Michelle @ Eat Move Balance said...

I did a mud run almost a year ago . . . it was so fun!! Sorry to hear about you and your kids feeling under the weather again. The stuff that's been going around this year is horrendous. Beyond diet, there can be other factors to consider. If you've been stressed, that can play a big role in the chances of getting sick. Another is getting enough sleep. Take care!

Ally's Sweet & Savory Eats said...

At our kids ages they pick up a ton of germs at daycare, the gym, school, etc. Did they get a flu shot? Unfortunately you may just be having some bad luck:(

Kristen said...

Yep we all got the flu shot. It just seems never ending! :(

Kristen said...

I'm wondering if it's sleep sometimes... Plus stress to. Blah!

Kristen said...

OMG you are so right! I wish I hadn't worn it though. The color didn't come out :(

Tiffany Campiotti said...

I actually had more fun doing a mud run than the color run.... I did a "Gnarly Neon" color run as opposed to the ACTUAL "Color Run" though. It wasn't super organized, the course wasn't well marked and.and.and. My daughter had a lot of fun which made it all better and gma got to spend time with the other two kids and I was with family. I don't know that I'll ever do another color run, but I can't wait to do another mud run....I'm scoping one out for June.
Hope you guys feel better. Is it allergies starting to pop?? I was feeling like I was getting sick again, and then realized my allergies were flaring up.

Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl said...

How cool! What a fun experience that run must have been! I totally want to do something like that in the future.

Kristen said...

You should! If only all 5K's were like that :)

Kristen said...

My mom and I were just talking about that last night. Pollen is everywhere here. I'm wondering if it's allergies!

Lindsay @ Fuelmyfamily said...

Both of my kids have been sick a lot recently too so I started them on probiotics, hoping it helps! I hate puke!

Jen Stimbert Pabst said...

I'm doing a color run in August, can't wait!! I had the flu last month and then last week had another chest/head cold. SUCKS! Hope you're all better soon!!!

Kristen said...

Good idea! Where did you get them?

Kristen said...

Ahhhh you'll have SO much fun! Thanks girl :)

Robyn said...

We have something in my area called the "Color Dash" 5K, I am planning to sign up for it, it's at the end of April. Did the color get in your hair? Looks like you had fun!

Disclaimer: I am not a registered dietician nor do I have any type of medical training. Anything documented on this blog is my personal opinion or a learned experience.