Friday, March 8, 2013

Every Friday Night

Every Friday night we make pizza.


Then we get a bath


and come back downstairs to make popcorn.


We heat up 2 tablespoons of coconut oil on medium-high heat.

Then add half a cup of good quality corn kernels.  Cover and remove from the heat when the popping slows considerably.  Add a generous amount of salt.

I divide most of the popcorn into three cups

and also break out the junk food.  Just this once.


Junk food includes juice.

While I'm doing this the kids get their favorite stuffed animals and cover the couch with blankets.

Then we watch a movie or a new show.  We've watched The Grinch, Brave, The Lorax, Doc McStuffins, and so many more.

I had to share this with you because we do this every Friday night and it's something we all look forward to all week long.

Do you have something you do every week?  Pizza night?  A special family dinner?

11 comments:

Mollie said...

i love this :) enjoy your friday night tradition with the kids tonight!

Michelle @ Eat Move Balance said...

Growing up, we had "Friday night pizza and a movie", too! And sometimes my Dad made popcorn--it was the best. Other times we were aloud to have ice cream. It was a big deal--such a treat. :)

Andrea @ Run, Eat, Date, Sleep said...

So cute! I love Amy's pizza!

Jess said...

awwwwwww, this totally reminds me of my childhood! My family always had pizza Fridays when I was living at home and we'd watch movies together. Makes me miss home. Your kids will never forget this, trust me!

Kristen said...

I'm hoping they won't!

Kristen said...

Gah me too! My fav!!!

Kristen said...

I already know it's a big deal for my kids. They get so excited!

Kristen said...

Aww thanks! :)

allybillhorn said...

We love The Lorax at our house! And popcorn:)

Tiffany Campiotti said...

Movie nights are awesome! Tomorrow night I'm planning on Wreck it Ralph and a giant batch of popcorn. I love making my own. I do drizzle on the butter too, but that's the only difference. We don't have a set movie night, but we do them quite often(3x a month probably). Big ol quilt spread on the floor, giant bowl of popcorn and the kids snuggled in...it's the best thing in the world!

Jenni said...

We like to do Pizza Fridays too! Was a hard and fast tradition before we moved to FL and gluten-free pizza is not nearly as available as it was back in Raleigh. But I still try to do it whenever I can :) Thanks for the popcorn tips - going to have to try that very soon

Disclaimer: I am not a registered dietician nor do I have any type of medical training. Anything documented on this blog is my personal opinion or a learned experience.