Sunday, March 10, 2013

Meal Prep For 3/11-3/15

This is how I do my meal prep every Sunday.

I made my list.

I list the thing I'm making and then what I need to do to make it.

Today Squirrel was at a friends house so as soon as LB went down for a nap I got busy!


I put the spaghetti squash in the oven for the paleo pad thai along with three chicken breasts seasoned with salt, pepper, and olive oil.

Then I got to work on the pork and brussels.  Literally just ground pork and brussels sprouts cooked in ghee.


While that was cooking I chopped the veggies for the pad thai.  So... many... veggies.


When meal one was done I started working on two.

Paleo pad thai!

While chopping the veggies for the pad thai I set some aside carrots and broccoli for snacks or sides this week.


I also boiled cubed sweet potato in chicken stock and mashed it up for post-workout fuel.  Plus those plain chicken breasts!  Carb + protein right after the gym!


I did soak some almonds for the almond milk too but made the almond milk this evening.


I use this technique for the almond milk.  The key is the nutmilk bag.  It makes it so smooth!  I like it better than coconut milk in my coffee.

It's nothing like the stuff you buy in the store.  Life changer!

Did you meal prep today?

12 comments:

allybillhorn said...

I've got to make your pad thai...I've been eyeing it for months!

Leslie said...

Your meal planning is so inspiring!

Daphne said...

What a great idea! I just love it!!

Michelle @ Eat Move Balance said...

Meal prep is the only thing that gets me through the week insane! I cooked quinoa, beans, chicken and ground bison, washed and cut veggies, and assembled my lunch salads. Yay! Happy Monday

Kim said...

I'm buying a nutmilk bag this week. I have to try the almond milk! :)

Kristen said...

It is so worth it!

Kristen said...

I totally agree with you! It makes life SO much easier!

Kristen said...

Aww thank you!

Kristen said...

Do it! but it's not mine... :)

Kristen said...

It keeps me on track and makes things a little easier through the week. :)

Beth said...

You do such a great job with your meal prepping. I don't current do this but am considering starting on Sundays.

Kristen said...

Aww thank you! It really is a huge relief during the week. I think either you like it or you don't! I've definitely had to learn to like leftovers.

Disclaimer: I am not a registered dietician nor do I have any type of medical training. Anything documented on this blog is my personal opinion or a learned experience.