Sunday, March 24, 2013

Meal Prep For 3/25-3/29

So this weeks meal plan was hard.  For the past few days I've had no appetite so nothing sounds appetizing.  Everything I thought about making didn't sound good at all.



So I randomly picked some meat I had in the freezer, bought some random veggies to go with it, and made some random meals!  Sometimes those are the best so I'm hoping they are good... and I'm hoping my appetite returns!


I had leftover meatballs from last night so I knew I could make a few lunches out of that.


I have been seeing taco salads all over instagram so I pulled some frozen taco meat out.


I also had two packs of non-Whole30 sausages in the freezer.  I need to use it up before April!


Plus we had kale.  We always have kale.


I got busy and was done in about 45 minutes.


I portioned out the taco meat (just grass fed beef with this taco seasoning).


I chopped up some iceberg lettuce and put the tomato and avocado with it in the fridge.


For those meatballs I roasted up a sweet potato and some carrots. That made two lunches.


For the rest of my lunches I made sausage, onions, and peppers.  I figured I could use the chorizo blend for eggs in the morning too!


So my randomness made:

• Chicken sausage, peppers, and onions for lunch
• Chorizo, peppers, and onions for egg breakfasts
• A couple servings of meatballs, sweet potato, and carrots for lunch
• Taco salad for dinner
• Kale to roast or saute for a side

Whatcha makin' this week???

My birthday is on Thursday!  Whoo hoo!  Sometime this week I WILL eat a cupcake or a piece of cake.  

8 comments:

Ally's Sweet & Savory Eats said...

Happy early birthday! Our little girl's b-day is tomorrow - so it is a great birthday week! I need to put taco salads on our menu, we've had had them in ages!

Marissa said...

Happy early bday! Eats look great & so similar to our preps! My boys love that chicken apple sausage!

Kristen said...

I love taco salad! Well actually I love all mexican food!

Beth Lombardi said...

Looks like everything you made turned out good for this week! Sorry you haven't been feeling so well... I hope you start getting better soon! I made your salt and vinegar cabbage (basically sauerkraut) and added the lil smokies for lunch yesterday; it was a hit with my Husband and In Laws! So thanks for those recipes... We're going out of town Wednesday so we are pretty much in eat whatever is in the fridge mode the next two days :)

Robyn said...

Um your meals look so good, you should just bring them over to my house now! How do you roast your sweet potatoes and carrots? do you use seasonings?

Michelle @ Eat Move Balance said...

Taco salads are a weekly event in our house. I love 'em. Looks like a great line-up for the week--I hope you're feeling a bit better and you enjoy your meals. :)

Kristen said...

Coconut oil, salt, and pepper. 400 degrees for like 30 minutes?

Kristen said...

Yay!!! I love that salt and vinegar cabbage! :)

Disclaimer: I am not a registered dietician nor do I have any type of medical training. Anything documented on this blog is my personal opinion or a learned experience.