Wednesday, February 6, 2013

A Double Dose

Breakfast:

Since I did a Tuesday Things post yesterday I figured I'd share some of my eats from today and yesterday.

Yesterday's breakfast was a paleo pancake topped with sunflower seed butter and salted cinnamon coconut chips.  Plus a side of bacon.

My friend said she tried a paleo pancake the other day and it ended up mushy.  This pancake was mushy and falling apart.  I know why- too much banana.  I used a whole good sized banana plus one of our chickens eggs which are on the smaller size.  It's better to have a little more egg (the binder!) than banana.  Plus you can tell by looking at it that I cooked it at too high of a heat too quickly.  I usually put the pancake in the pan and then go dry my hair.  That's how long it takes to flip.  Low and slow.

If you are new to making paleo pancakes I think you either like them or don't.  I hate to break it to you but they do not taste like regular pancakes.  It's like spaghetti squash.  Does it taste like spaghetti?  NOPE.  You do get used to the flavor and texture though.  You actually learn to like it.  Does it beat hot pasta and your moms homemade spaghetti and meatballs.  I'll let you answer that one.  You have to remind yourself that it's the health benefits that matter.

If you are really looking for that pancake texture try the almond flour pancake and don't skimp on the toppings.  Splurge a little and add a drizzle of maple syrup until you get used to it.

Today's breakfast was a repeat of Monday's.

That ground pork mixture I made on Sunday with two eggs.

Gym:  Tuesday was legs and 30 minutes of cardio. Today was an hour of body combat.

Lunch:

Yesterday I packed my lunch to go.  Two hardboiled eggs, half a sweet potato, carrots, strawberries, and olives.

Today's lunch was a repeat of Monday's.  See a trend here?

Beef stir fry with sunshine sauce made on Sunday.

Snack:

This afternoon the kids and I shared a huge apple!

Dinner:
Unfortunately I didn't photograph last nights dinner or tonights.  Lame I know.

What do you pack in your lunch?

9 comments:

Michelle @ Eat Move Balance said...

I love your lunch idea. All things I like, put into a tasting platter of sorts. Nice! I eat salads every single day for lunch. It never gets old because I'm constantly rotating the protein and fat that gets added to the veggie base.

Ally's Sweet & Savory Eats said...

I worked today, so I packed some leftover hamburger helper and a half a pb&j....pretty lame!

Andrea said...

Hi! New reader coming over from the #28DBC! Love the look of your blog. Cute family! Looking forward to reading more.

Jess @ JessieBear said...

mmm that ground meat/egg/veg combo looks so good

Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl said...

My lunches almost always consist of leftovers from dinner. One of the perks to only cooking for myself.. I have LOTS of leftovers!

Danielle Prestejohn said...

Your meals look great! I love your explanation of a Paleo pancake. so true it really doesn't taste anything like a real pancake but I'll take the health benefits and lack of sugar overload it brings any day!

Manu said...

All look delicious!! You're making me hungry!

Emily said...

I hear you on the paleo-fied foods. The only one that has ever come close to the real thing is PaleOMG's blueberry muffins. Then again, how can something involving half a jar of almond butter be anything less than delectable?

Thanks for your nice comment on my blog!

lindsay cotter said...

remind me to never read your blog before lunch. I WANT IT ALL!

Disclaimer: I am not a registered dietician nor do I have any type of medical training. Anything documented on this blog is my personal opinion or a learned experience.