Monday, February 18, 2013

A Simple Day

Breakfast:

I've made those blueberry lemon pancakes a few times now.  Each time I've tried to do one big pancake it always ends up as a scramble.  This morning was the third time it happened.  The big pancake just won't stay together!  I had to edit the recipe to say to just make three small pancakes.  The scramble was good but not nearly as pretty!

Gym:  Between me being in a funky mood and the kids being sick we haven't been to the gym in a few days.  I needed it today but the kids just weren't up to it.  Instead we did a Namaste Yoga together.


I spent the majority of the time giggling at them!

Childs pose?

Lunch:

Lunch was leftovers from Friday night.  A simple stir fry using this recipe.  I didn't use fresh ginger so I added 1/2t powdered and I added a tablespoon of coconut aminos.

Dinner:

A simple porkchop seasoned with salt, pepper, and rosemary cooked in coconut oil.  I took the porkchop out of the pan and put the brussels sprouts in.  Then I deglazed the pan with chicken stock and put the lid on it until they were tender.  Such a simple dinner.

Plus I added some of this on those brussels sprouts.  Amazing.


What kind of workouts do you like to do at home?

11 comments:

Matt said...

Delicious day :)

Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl said...

Oh my goodness, those yoga pictures are TOO cute. It probably was not the most "relaxing" of sessions, but it sure looks fun! :)

Erin @ Eat Run Write said...

That's adorable! Haha! My cat likes to "exercise" with me...she'll roam around under me when I'm trying to do a plank or push ups, which provides great motivation to keep my body off the ground to avoid squishing her!

Michelle @ Eat Move Balance said...

awwww . . . that's so cute! I'm not a huge fan of exercising at home. I get WAY too distracted. The only workout I can get through at home is when my road bike is on the trainer, and I spin inside. My feet are locked in, so I can't leave and check my computer or move laundry or wash a few dishes. :) Plus, I love going to my gym. It's like my second home. :)

Kristen said...

I am exactly the same way! I too get distracted. :(

Kristen said...

Between two kids and four dogs I can never do anything on the floor without some interruption ;)

Danielle said...

That stir fry looks amazing! Your kids are too cute doing yoga, complete with their mats! I am the worst at home workouts! I struggle with motivation when I'm home!

Beth Lombardi said...

The kids doing yoga with you is too cute!

Leslie said...

Yum. To all of it. It all looks delicious.

Emily said...

Hey, laughter yoga is a real thing! I bet the kids would get a kick out of it. I enjoy the homemade yoga and "baby-lates" myself (Pilates using baby for resistance).

Tiffany Campiotti said...

Love Namaste Yoga! The pics are adorable too!

Disclaimer: I am not a registered dietician nor do I have any type of medical training. Anything documented on this blog is my personal opinion or a learned experience.