Sunday, February 17, 2013

RECIPE: Blueberry Lemon Paleo Pancakes

It's obvious that I have a love for pancakes.  When you eat them more than five days a week you might call it an obsession.  I'm pretty much obsessed with pancakes.  Especially these.


Blueberry Lemon Paleo Pancakes

1/4 cup mashed banana
1 egg
1 egg white
1/4 cup almond flour
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
1/4 cup fresh blueberries
Grass-fed butter for the top

Make sure your banana is mashed really well in a bowl.  Whisk in your egg, egg whites, almond flour, lemon juice, and lemon zest.  Stir in your blueberries.  Melt a teaspoon of coconut oil in a pan on medium-low heat. Pour in the pancake batter to form three small pancakes.  I've tried several times to make one big pancake but those blueberries won't let me.  It always falls apart.  Let the pancakes cook for about five minutes on one side.  You don't want to try to turn them too soon or they will fall apart.  Low and slow is the key.  You may have to peek and see if they are ready to flip.  When they look golden brown flip them over and let the other side cook for about two minutes.


Top with your grass fed butter.


See other paleo pancake recipes here!

12 comments:

cornwallst59 said...

These look great. I've been doing mine with applesauce, but I think tomorrow I'm going with banana.

Matt said...

Making these ASAP :)

Jess said...

I love a good paleo pancake!

Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl said...

Oooo these look GOOD! I LOVE blueberries :).

Danielle said...

These look amazing! Love the lemon blueberry combo!

Kristen said...

The lemon is incredible in it!

Kristen said...

Ohhh!!! I've never tried applesauce!

Kerry @ Totes My Oats said...

Ohhh I need to make these! The combination of blueberries and lemon is awesome!

Kristen said...

So true!

Leslie said...

I will be honest, pancakes are a weakness for me and these look amazing! I have to make these!

Emily said...

Omg, I totally had blueberry pancakes this morning. We must be the cool kids :) I like to top mine with coconut butter or almond butter.

Anonymous said...

Absolutley amazing!!

Disclaimer: I am not a registered dietician nor do I have any type of medical training. Anything documented on this blog is my personal opinion or a learned experience.