Friday, February 8, 2013

Favorites Friday: Paleo Cheats

First of all I'm having a really funky week.  I'm off.  I don't want to go to the gym and I don't want to eat healthy.  I took the morning to work on blog stuff and I also visited a yoga studio.  I need more yoga in my life.

These are things I could easily make homemade but like to take the shortcut!

1.  Rao's Marinara Sauce


2.  Once Again Sunflower Seed Butter


3.  Kit's Organic Fruit and Nut Bars


They are perfect to carry around with me!


4.  Almond milk


I use unsweetened original almond milk in my coffee and smoothies.


5.  Kodiak Cakes Whole Grain Buttermilk and Honey mix
I know this one isn't paleo but we love it so much it had to make the list!

I've been buying this for years.  I used to order cases online but now you can get the mixes at Target!

Our favorite thing to do with it is make these:

Chocolate chip pancake dippers!

Now it's your turn!  Tell me your favorite cheats!

13 comments:

Danielle Prestejohn said...

Love all the "cheats" and yet all still healthy! Those clif's organic bars are some of my favorites and I live my unsweetened almond milk! Hang in there, lots of yoga, rest, and relaxation. I hope next week is a better one for you!

Kristen said...

Thanks girl! Me too!

Michelle @ Eat Move Balance said...

A favorite cheat of mine are Quest protein bars. I try not to eat too many packaged bars, but this tastes great, is packed with protein, and works perfectly when I'm in a pinch. :) Have a great weekend

Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl said...

I LOVE the Kit's Fruit + Nut bars. They are so tasty and the ingredients list is fabulous. They impress me every time that I eat them.

Jessie bear said...

mmmmm pancake dippers

Amber @ Busy, Bold, Blessed said...

I love Lara Bars... specifically the coconut cream pie version. It's not really a cheat, but it feels like one :)

Emily said...

I'm a Larabar fan too, but I've never tried a Kit's. must check them out! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Kristen said...

I love Quest bars too! I also try not to eat too many bars. They can actually be a bit addicting and too convenient.

Kristen said...

That's my favorite Larabar!

Sarah B said...

Loving your blog! Thanks for taking the time for it!!!!

Lisa Eirene said...

I love those little mini pancakes! What a cute idea!

Kristen said...

Aww thanks! :)

Kristen said...

My kids love them!

Disclaimer: I am not a registered dietician nor do I have any type of medical training. Anything documented on this blog is my personal opinion or a learned experience.