Saturday, February 2, 2013

The First Weekend

I promise I'll stop whining soon... The first weekend is always tough.  The week is usually pretty easy because we have a good routine but the weekend is when we do family things.  My idea of staying as busy as possible through the week worked.  I had a great Saturday!

Today on the 28 day blog challenge I got caught up on my google reader and organized it a little better.  I also added five new blogs to it.  I love reading new blogs!  Sometimes it's the little things that make you feel more organized.

Breakfast:

I had a rough night with LB last night so when I got up this morning I wasn't going to the gym.  Then I was.  Then I was going to go later in the day.  Then all of a sudden I had to go right now and be at the 8:15 combat class.  In my hurry out the door I forgot to eat breakfast.  I didn't realize that until I was in the class.  I ate that Kit's Organic bar afterwards.

I love love love those bars!  Especially the chocolate coconut!  Way more betta than Larabars.

Gym:  An hour of body combat.

Lunch:

Taco hamburger helper and two eggs from the backyard.

Plus some kale chips straight off the baking sheet.


It was freezing cold today so we did a whole lot of nothing this afternoon.  We painted and played with stick on tattoos... We also broke out one of squirrel's Christmas presents.  Her easy bake oven.

Can you tell she liked it?

When did she get so big?  Check out this post... Time goes by too fast.


Dinner:

I had dinner at my parent's house.  A cheeseburger, potatoes with butter, and salad with ranch.  It wasn't paleo but it was so nice to feel comforted by my family.  Just being at my mom and dad's put me at ease.  There's nothing better.

What comforts you?

9 comments:

Buttercup said...

Time with friends, a cup of coffee and nowhere I have to be. I'm going to look for those bars. My backup is Lara bars and that's a lot of sugar in one dose.

Whine as much as you need to. This blog buddy doesn't mind at all.

Kristen @ Change of Pace said...

A cup of coffee is comforting to me too!

M.Love said...

You are allowed to whine all you want -- I grew up with a military dad...I remember it. Looks like she had a blast -- I liked her tat pic you put up on IG haha! Your kids are the cutest!

Michelle @ Eat Move Balance said...

Time with family and friends is definitely comforting to me. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Ally's Sweet and Savory Eats said...

Go ahead and whine. I'm sure most of us reading are not dealing with a deployment. The comforts of being with family always helps! You are lucky they are so close!

Now I'm craving a burger!

Kristen @ Change of Pace said...

@Sweet and Savory Eats Whenever I see a burger or a cup of coffee I instantly want one. It's so weird haha!

Danielle said...

Hang in there and whine all you want! I still think you are incredibly strong! I used to love my easy bake oven. Was always so much fun!

Kristen @ Change of Pace said...

@Danielle @ Clean Food Creative Fitness Thanks girl! I loved mine too! I used to make everything... Cakes... pizza!

Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl said...

I love the Kit's Fruit + Nut bars. The ingredient list is truly impressive and they taste AMAZING. I must say, I think that I prefer them over Larabars as well!

Disclaimer: I am not a registered dietician nor do I have any type of medical training. Anything documented on this blog is my personal opinion or a learned experience.