Thursday, February 21, 2013

Cracking Down

You guys totally eased my mind about my kids... I really thought about it yesterday and honestly there is only so much I can do.  I can only offer them healthy foods.  They will have to learn to accept it!  I really appreciate all of your comments.  It's exactly what I needed!

On to my day!

Breakfast:

A simple smoothie.
-1 cup unsweetened almond milk, a few handfuls of spinach, a banana, 1 scoop vanilla protein powder.  

Of course right after I wrote a post about how I've been struggling with my kids diet they started eating better...


Gym:  A serious leg workout.  I almost passed out afterwards.  No joke.  My trainer and I talked about my diet today and he said a few things that really made me think.  I am totally happy with where I am right now but I still have some baby belly fat I'd like to lose.  He said it would only take a few months to get rid of it but I have to be super strict on my food intake.  I knew that...  He said no cheats.  He said you have to get where you want to be and then work in cheats and treats.  Makes sense to me.

I have 7 months and I want my hubs to be totally surprised when he sees me!  So if you see things measured out more often and no treats now you know why!

While I was making breakfast this morning I packed a snack for after the gym.


No matter what I eat in the morning I'm starving after the gym.  This time I came prepared!


2oz. chicken, carrots, and a coconut water.

It kept me going until lunch time!

Lunch:

We ate at Chick-fila for lunch today.  I just had a grilled chicken salad with a little berry balsamic dressing.

I also stopped at Starbucks on the way home for a decaf coffee.

I brought my own almond milk!

Dinner:

Leftovers from Sundays cook up!  Porkchop, brussels, and massaged kale salad.

I'm getting more kale on Saturday to do a massaged kale recipe on Sunday.  I have been inhaling it all week.  It's so different from sautéed kale or even raw kale.  I love it!

What's something new you've tried?

4 comments:

Ally's Sweet & Savory Eats said...

I know I'm probably the last person on the face of the earth to try banana peppers for the first time at age 31...but I did today! Added them to my taco salad at lunch and loved them!

Tiffany Campiotti said...

I tried leeks for the first time and really enjoyed them!
I had a similar thought this week about cracking down on my diet. I want to lean out a bit more so I have to put in the "work" to get there! *Sigh* Time to kick it into turbo, so to speak...

Buttercup said...

I' ve been adding too many treats too. Time to be more consistent.

Emily said...

I love your nail polish popping in the pictures - so cute!

I've recently taken to a cup of homemade broth in the morning instead of coffee. I guess it's not a new food, but its a new-to-me method. Don't worry, I have my coffee once I get to work!

Disclaimer: I am not a registered dietician nor do I have any type of medical training. Anything documented on this blog is my personal opinion or a learned experience.