Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Tuesday Things

Just some randomness!

• I installed Disqus so hang in there while I figure it out.

• Lee shared an article on banning photography in restaurants and wrote her own opinions about it.  I'm totally with Lee about photographing food.  I don't think it's a big deal but I definitely do it discreetly.

•  I love this post from The Primal Toad!  Why do I always find myself nodding my head in agreement while reading his posts.  This article is on paleo police and while I agree with him it drives me bonkers when I see people label things "paleo" that are not.  Peanuts, beans, corn...  I feel like they are ignorant and haven't researched the lifestyle.  Maybe I'm a part time paleo police officer?  

•  I found a couple new blogs this week thanks to instagram.  Why is it so hard to find paleo bloggers? Not that I don't love reading non-paleo blogs...

-Nummy For My Tummy
-Paleo Jess
-Cinnamon Eats
-Bigspoon Lilspoon

• I'm a big jar recycler.  I save all my sunflower seed butter and coconut oil jars.

Random but true... And helpful!

• One last thing... A blog post I read today from Nummy In My Tummy.  She talks about some self confidence issues with her daughter.  That is one of my biggest fears raising a little girl.  I want my daughter to always know she's beautiful and I never want her to worry about what people think about her.  What I love about this post is the way she handled the situation.  It's a must read especially if you have a little girl.

6 comments:

Mariah Baseman said...

Ooo, I hate when people mis-label things too. I must be part of your part-time paleo police team. ;)

Kristen said...

Haha! I think it's really just part of my OCD ;)

Leslie said...

I am super new to Paleo and am trying to learn as much as I can. I find it frustrating when people label a recipe as Paleo and then I am either confused or misinformed.

I have been saving jars too, I love finding ways to reuse them.

Kristen said...

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one! I will actually call people out on instagram for it. I'm not mean but I just try to make people more aware.

Naz said...

First up thanks for linking my blog up there! As for the whole Paleo police thing, yes it bothers me too when people put up photos and just label things as paleo without realising that some ingredients in there are not, I know when I switched to this lifestyle I read and am still reading anything and everything I can get my hands on. At the same time I don't want to come across as overly obsessive if I keep pointing out to people that no that actually isn't Paleo and putting them off the idea altogether! As for glass jars... yep I collect them too, I wash and re-use my ziploc bags too... is that weird hahaha.

Kristen said...

I think I can be a little obsessive over the paleo thing. I think maybe because I really do love it so much and have really benefited from all of it. Maybe I'm just defensive and feel offended when people label things wrong.


I also reuse my bags! Not weird at all!

Disclaimer: I am not a registered dietician nor do I have any type of medical training. Anything documented on this blog is my personal opinion or a learned experience.