Friday, February 1, 2013

What Day Is It?

I've been in such a fog the past few days that today I really didn't remember what day it was.  This week has flown by but each day has stood still.  Does that make sense?  I missed yesterdays Thursday's Things and I totally forgot about Friday's Favorites.

Did you guys remember that today was the first day of the 28 day blog challenge?  For my first day I made a schedule of posts.

I can be a bit scattery in real life and here on my blog so I'm hoping this keeps me on track.  I'm also hoping it gives my blog some good and different content.  Then I won't have food journal posts for everything.  That all starts Monday... So today you get a food journal post haha!

Breakfast:

Breakfast was quick- A green smoothie made with kale, SFH grassfed vanilla whey, half a banana, and water.  I packed a snack for after the gym- a hardboiled egg, carrots, and coconut water.

Perfectly peeled egg!


I knew I was going to Starbucks this morning...

So I packed my to-go cup with coconut milk in the bottom.

Gym:  A quick and simple push workout (chest press, tricep kickbacks, dumb bell flys, shoulder press) plus abs and 20 minutes of cardio.

If you were on Instagram today you saw what I found after the gym!

THREE EGGS!  That means all three hens are laying eggs.  Yay!  Now I've got to start eating eggs because I just bought a bunch at the store.

Lunch:

Leftover taco hamburger helper and kale chips.


Plus a new to me kombucha.

Dinner:

Friday nights are always pizza, popcorn, and a movie night for us.  Sometimes we order pizza... sometimes.  Usually we make the kids a gluten free pizza and we eat something different.  Pizza is my favorite food so I decided to splurge a little on Friday nights and have pizza too!  Tonight I made the kids their pizza...

And made me a cauliflower crust pizza.


I am a huge fan of cauliflower pizza crust.  You either love it or hate it.  The hubs isn't a fan but I prefer it over regular pizza crust.  The one trick I've learned is you have to use preshredded cheese.  You can't grate fresh mozz.  I did it once and it was disastrous.


I used Rao's marinara sauce, Organic Valley shredded mozzarella, and Applegate pepperoni.


What is one food you can't live without?

13 comments:

Danielle said...

I really need to try that cauliflower pizza crust! Yours looks amazing and now I really want pizza!

Kristen @ Change of Pace said...

I cannot believe you haven't tried it yet! It is so good!

Ally's Sweet and Savory Eats said...

Pizza! By far. I could eat it everyday, unfortunately. I have always been intrigued by the cauliflower crust...do you have a recipe for it? Wait...never mind I see you have a link, I'm going to check that out!

Kristen @ Change of Pace said...

You definitely need to Ally!

Leslie @ Violet Imperfection said...

This looks delicious! Yummy. I want to try the cauliflower crust, is it hard to make?

Kristen @ Change of Pace said...

Leslie it isn't hard at all to make!

Tiffany said...

That is one of my favorite kombucha flavors! I also love the multi green flaver :) Nice job with the list. List writing is so important to me. However, blogging has been on my list for 3 days and I haven't been able to swing it lol. Maybe tomorrow after my race :)

Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl said...

I always plan out my blog posts for the week, too, otherwise I am way too scatterbrained and unorganized :/.

Cauliflower pizza crust is the bomb! (did I really just say that?? ;)). It is so tasty and I honestly think that I love it just as much as regular pizza crust..maybe more?? :)

Michelle @ Eat Move Balance said...

I'm a huge fan of cauli crust, too. And while my husband doesn't prefer it over the real deal, he definitely likes it, so that's nice. I should make it more often, but it's a bit of a process for me to do after work on a weeknight. It's better for a Sunday (or the summertime!) when I have more time. :)

Naz said...

I am yet to try cauliflower crust pizza but one day! Actually it's funny ever since going Paleo I haven't really missed any of those type of foods like pasta or pizza or even bread.

Speaking of Kombucha though I am totally addicted to that stuff! My favourites are the Trilogy and Strawberry Serenity flavours of the GT's brand! Seriously can't get enough.... I'm hoping I will be able to find it over in the UK when we move over otherwise I think it's time to start making my own!

Biz said...

I could have pizza every single night and never get sick of it. Sadly, my husband isn't on the same band wagon - so Friday night we had fish tacos - they were good, but they weren't pizza!

Kristen @ Change of Pace said...

@Naz Making my own scares me because I know nothing about it. You'l have to post about it if you have to make your own :)

Kristen @ Change of Pace said...

@Biz Oh I could too. It doesn't even have to be good pizza. I like it all haha!

Disclaimer: I am not a registered dietician nor do I have any type of medical training. Anything documented on this blog is my personal opinion or a learned experience.