Thursday, November 15, 2012

A Perfectly Paleo Day

Y'all....... I'm seriously getting this paleo thing down.  When you start really loving things YOU cook and YOU come up with then you've got it down.  Right?!

Breakfast:

Egg scramble.  Two eggs, ham, and onion cooked in coconut oil.  So glad to have the husband back home to make me breakfast.  Were you tired of paleo pancakes?  Me too.

Gym:  Yoga today

SNACK:

A banana with sunflower seed butter.

Lunch:

Leftover butternut squash soup and thanksgiving meatballs with a drizzle of warm coconut milk.  TO DIE FOR.

SNACK:  I was starving today!  Don't know what my deal was...

A pumpkin cake bar with coconut milk on top.  Did you know leaving an opened can of full fat coconut milk  in the fridge makes it frosting like?  Learned that over here.


Plus a cup of decaf.  Dessert for a snack?  Why not?!

DINNER:

Whenever we make pulled pork these babies beg.

What is it about pulled pork?  It's so good.

This combination of pulled pork and sauteed cabbage was unreal.  Was it the grass fed butter in the cabbage?  Maybe the apple cider vinegar drizzled over everything?  The sprinkle of red pepper flakes?  I don't know but this might be eaten weekly... Possibly daily!

I rubbed the pork roast (I think it was 3lbs) with 1 teaspoon each cumin, paprika, chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.  I put it in my crockpot on low for about 8 hours.  No broth or water needed.

I did the cabbage exactly like the recipe said but I used green cabbage and added thinly sliced onions.

What's the last recipe you tried that was amazing?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, the pulled pork and cabbage look great. I didn't realize you could put something in a slow cooker without a liquid...interesting.

Kristen @ Change of Pace said...

Yep no need for any liquid. The pork roast has a ton of juice!

Danielle said...

Love the full Paleo day! It gets easier and easier for me too the more I do it! That soup bowl looks amazing! Coconut milk is the best!

Kristen @ Change of Pace said...

I wouldn't say it is an easy diet to follow. Once you get the hang of it though its fun. I can drink coconut milk straight out of the can so I pretty much put it on everything.

Mariah said...

I need to find a good coconut milk and just try some! I know I'm surely missing out. Same with coconut butter.

Also, the sauteed cabbage looks incredible. I have been sauteing everything lately... carrots, (unsweetened) coconut chips, broccoli, apple slices... Not all together, obviously! :)

Kristen @ Change of Pace said...

I just buy the whole foods brand full fat coconut milk. My favorite though is the Thai Kitchens organic but it can be expensive. Sautéing is our new favorite thing too!

Disclaimer: I am not a registered dietician nor do I have any type of medical training. Anything documented on this blog is my personal opinion or a learned experience.