Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Computer Dilemma

I’ve been freaking out all day.

Last night while I was bathing the kids, LB threw a cup of water in my direction splashing some on MacBook Pro... my semi-new MacBook Pro. It’s only a year old and is almost the love of my life. Second to my camera but before my Iphone. What can I say? We are an electronic obsessed family. What will we do when the world is ending?

Anyways, I woke up this morning and did what I do every morning. I powered up my Mac to do a little blog reading with breakfast. When I hit the power button nothing happened. The battery light said it was charged but my computer did nothing.

I’ve been frantically hitting the power button all day. I’ve googled everything. “MacBook Pro not turning on” “MacBook Pro not turning on after spilling water on it”. Everything I’ve read said it’s a critical situation when your two year old decides you get to play splash too. I also read it’s about $800 to fix a broken Mac. That’s not something we can afford right now especially with the holidays.

Thankfully I’m a pro at broken electronics. I’ve had three Iphones. Thank goodness for warranties and a sweet husband. One of those Iphones spent a day out in a rain storm. It’s the one I currently have! I stuck it in a bag of rice with a few silica gel packs I found in one of the kids shoe boxes. It was back to normal in a day.

I decided to give my laptop a day or so to dry out before I call Apple.  

Lesson one- Don’t leave your Iphone on the roof of your car in a rain storm.
Lesson two- Don’t blog while the kids get a bath. Wait till they go to bed.

4 comments:

Michelle @ Eat Move Balance said...

Oh my goodness! You are one lucky lady. I can't believe you revived your computer! Nice work. Phew!

Charmaine said...

I remember when I lived in Korea and I dropped my phone in a puddle. When I took it to the service center they opened it up and dried it with a hair dryer, and it worked great!

Kristen @ Change of Pace said...

I wish that was the same with my computer! It still doesn't work. I'll probably have to take it to best buy.

Clarinda @ Enjoying the Course said...

Excellent lessons!
Hope your computer gets back to working soon.

Disclaimer: I am not a registered dietician nor do I have any type of medical training. Anything documented on this blog is my personal opinion or a learned experience.