Sunday, November 4, 2012

Meal Plan #4

Sunday might be my favorite day of the week. We've been trying harder lately not to schedule anything on Sunday and just spend time as a family.

My favorite part of the day is breakfast.  Probably because on Sunday morning we make extra coffee since we are home to enjoy it.  Plus it's pancake day!

That's the first thing I did this morning when I came downstairs.  I poured myself a cup of coffee.


Then I lit holiday candles and turned on some music (Colbie Caillat on Pandora).


The kids helped me make breakfast and it was pretty chaotic as usual.


I fried up some local bacon.


And we started on chocolate chip dippers.

On Sunday I make a bunch of pancakes for the week to freeze.  My kids love little mini pancakes that we've named dippers.

It's just:

2 cups Kodiak Cakes pancake mix (we like the buttermilk and honey)
1 1/2 cups whole milk
1/4 cup mini chocolate chips

Served with maple syrup, bacon, and bananas.  They inhaled these this morning.

I made myself a new paleo pancake this morning.  My aunt follows my blog and emailed me a variation she tried on my paleo pancake.


1 mashed banana
1 whole egg
1 egg white
1/4 cup almond flour

It was delicious!  It was so much fluffier than my other one.

Are you an impatient pancake flipper?  Those paleo pancakes take some patience.

I break mine all the time.

I topped mine with sunflower seed butter.

I put the nut butter on the top while it's still in the pan/griddle.  It makes it all melty and stuff.

The perfect Sunday breakfast!


Even the pups get pancakes on Sunday!


Here's the meal plan for this week!  I'm loving this Sunday meal planning thing.  Keeps me on track.

MEAL PLAN #4 (for the week of 11/5-11/11)

The husband isn't here this week so dinners are simple and easy.

Monday-  breakfast for dinner
Tuesday-  paleo pad thai
Wednesday-  leftovers
Thursday- turkey tacos
Friday-  meatloaf with sweet potato mash
Saturday-  leftovers
Sunday- roasted chicken with fall veggies

What is your favorite day of the week?

8 comments:

Tiffany said...

Sundays are my favorite too...no school and hubby is home. Veg out day with the fam.
I'm sitting after just making my menu too. Now I'm armed with my list and heading to the store to get what we need for the upcoming week :) Hope you enjoy the rest of your Sunday!

Kristen @ Change of Pace said...

You should post your meal plan :)

Danielle said...

What a fun morning!!! That twist on paleo pancakes sounds awesome! I'm going to have to try that!

Kristen @ Change of Pace said...

You do need to try it! I bet you like it better...

The Primalist said...

Sounds like a nice Sunday.. Sundays I do my weekly batch cooking, so they're a little hectic.. I typically prefer Saturdays, especially lazy rainy ones like I had this weekend.. And I'm definitely impatient when it comes to flipping my banana pancakes.. it seems strange that they take SO long.. of course, they're worth the wait :)

PS your word verification thing is the hardest one I've come across.. it takes me multiple tries :P

AllThingsYummy said...

Saturdays are my favorite.

Little Mommy Kim said...

We love our Sundays too! My mister always makes us breakfast and we adore the time together. These are the days our kids will remember, right? Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

Your kids are so cute.
That pancake looks intereting. I wonder if 1/2 pumpkin would = the banana?
Also, how do you find almond flour? I'm concerned it might be a "heavy" flour and that 1/4 cup might be way too much to handle. Maybe 2 tablespoons would still be effective with it. I know "Heather eats almond butter' used to post about coconut flour pancakes.
And then I guess you can always do it with flax too. Possibilities!

Disclaimer: I am not a registered dietician nor do I have any type of medical training. Anything documented on this blog is my personal opinion or a learned experience.