Monday, November 5, 2012

Breakfast Fail

Breakfast:

Ugh I've had one of those days. It started off with a breakfast scramble fail.


I've seen this over at Carrots-n-Cake.  I thought it would be good.

It looked and tasted like dog food.  Blah.  I ate a few bites and dumped it into the trash.  Even LB said "Gucky mama".  He likes anything.  This isn't the first recipe I've tried from Carrots-n-Cake that's been "Gucky"...

Gym:  An hour of pilates this morning.

When we went grocery shopping I told the husband to get me some spinach.  He got me the huge container.

It's just me this week so how in the world am I going to get through all this spinach?

I fried an egg.


I had ground pork defrosted in a defrost bowl and planned to use it in paleo pad thai.

I cooked it with onion, mushroom, red pepper, spinach, and spices.  I used a little for lunch as my fried egg base and saved the rest for dinner.

Snack:

Plaintain chips and kombucha.  Almost like potato chips and diet coke.  Almost.

Dinner:

Paleo pad thai.  It was supposed to be breakfast but I was really craving this.  I made it with my ground pork mixture instead of chicken.  SO MUCH BETTER!

Have you ever had a blogger recipe fail?

10 comments:

Erin said...

I'm not going to lie, I think Carrots n Cake is about the worst blog for recipes there is. Sometimes she posts a recipe from an actual cookbook, and those can be good, but anything that she makes up on her own is pretty, well, "gucky"! :) Just my opinion.

Glad to see you blogging again :)

Kristen @ Change of Pace said...

@Erin You said it not me! Haha! I have to agree with you on that one. Not sure why it's so popular.

Kelly said...

Make smoothies with your spinach! I buy those and usually put it in my scramble eggs and make smoothies for me and the kids!

Kristen @ Change of Pace said...

@Kelly Good idea!!! I forgot about smoothies!

Tiffany said...

I was going to suggest smoothies too! Bummer on "Gucky" breakfast. Hate when recipes don't work out :( haven't had a miserable recipe fail in a while. Now I just jinxed myself....

Danielle said...

Love the plantain chips and kombucha! One of my favorite "treats" too! I've been so hesitant to try the breakfast scramble! I can't decide if it sounds great or gross but thanks for the warning! I think I'll still to our two ingredient pancakes instead!

Unknown said...

I have seen that scramble before and I wouldn't even be brave enough to try it!Sorry it didn't work out though!

I am really excited to try your paleo pancakes, they sound easy and delicious!!

Jen@HealthyFoodandFamily

The Primalist said...

Yah.. the "fails" don't typically make it to the blog though ;) Although for the most part they tend to be okay, just not good enough to post.. i only put recipes up that i consider to be fantastic.. the "mehs" get discarded (paper-wise, i still eat them of course)

Ally's Sweet and Savory Eats said...

Start dumping that spinach in smoothies! That is what we do:)

Tracy said...

@Erin
Ouch!! Be nice!

Disclaimer: I am not a registered dietician nor do I have any type of medical training. Anything documented on this blog is my personal opinion or a learned experience.