Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Chicken Lovin'

How about a short and sweet post?  Yes please!

Breakfast:

The husband was home this morning so he made me eggs and bacon.

Gym:  OFF.  I hurt my knee yesterday.  Must have been those iso lunges.  Blah.

Snack:

Honeycrisp apple with sunflower seed butter.

Lunch:

Leftover meatloaf and sweet potato mash.

Dinner:

I did dinner prep while LB napped.  Dinner was ready at 2:00 today.  We just reheated it at dinner time.


Paleo pad thai!  This is my favorite paleo recipe because it never fails.  You can add whatever you want as the base.  I added chicken, red pepper, onion, green beans, carrots, and spaghetti squash.  The sunshine sauce is delicious.  I could drink it!

We did a lot of nothing all day.

Mostly hanging out with the chickens!








Have you ever been injured during exercise? 

8 comments:

Unknown said...

My knee's been acting up this week, too! I hope it's because my quads are getting stronger and stronger, and my knee isn't used to it yet. ;) Glad you liked the paleo pad thai--one of my faves.

Tiffany said...

I've noticed my knee twinging during lunges. I've checked my form and they are still slightly bothering me. Trying to decide whether to keep doing them or lay off. I noticed when I did a lot with Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 that I got the same tweak. I think I'll switch to a different hamstring exercise since I want to continue running pain-free :)

Kristen @ Change of Pace said...

Iso lunges always mess up my knees because it's hard to keep good form. Looks like everyone has knee problems. It happens to me a lot but I've learned from experience that as soon as I feel any little twinge to back off. If not I'll be hurting for awhile.

Danielle said...

I'm so impressed with your meal prep! Everything looks great. I really need to try that Paleo Pad Thai recipe. It sounds so good!

Kristen @ Change of Pace said...

@Danielle @ Clean Food Creative Fitness GIRL! It's my favorite paleo recipe! You've gotta try it asap!!!

Anonymous said...

Paleo Pad Thai is sooo yummy. I think next time I will make a double or triple amount of the sauce. Not to use at once but just to have it.....
Injuries? Yes, IT band issues from long distance running is a real bummer. The worst part is that I should be icing,foam rolling etc. and I have been slacking off on that.

Erin @ EatRunWrite.com said...

Those little chooks are so lovely! I hope they are happy in their new home!

Mariah said...

I guess I don't really know what it's like to NOT be injured from working out... heh. In the last few months, I've been struggling with my shoulders, in particularly my left one, plus a hamstring tendonopithy and hip flexor/psoas strain/sprain.

It seems as soon as I heal a bit, I go back out invigorated and over-do it again right away. Sigh. I'm trying to learn! :)

Disclaimer: I am not a registered dietician nor do I have any type of medical training. Anything documented on this blog is my personal opinion or a learned experience.