Thursday, November 1, 2012

Groceries and Eats

I'm new to twitter.  It's confusing!  Did you guys see my tweet yesterday?


I sent the same message to my hubs.

We seriously needed to go grocery shopping.

We got our two weeks worth of meat and random things.  Plus a weeks worth of produce.

We got:
2 packs of local bacon
2lbs natural ground turkey (They don't have organic?  Weird.)
2lbs grass fed ground beef
2lbs local ground pork
2lb grass fed eye of round roast
3lb local pork shoulder
2 gallons of whole milk (for the kids)
Organic half and half (for our coffee)
Grass fed butter
Grass fed whole milk yogurt (for the kids)
32 eggs
Local honey
Organic chicken stock
Salsa
Organic tortillas (kiddos)
Kashi waffles (kiddos)
Kombucha

Some other random things and some blogger stuff:

Thanks for the ideas Danielle!  They are both yummy!

The husband went on a mini vacation yesterday and needed breakfast and lunch packed.  I figured this would be a good everyday list of some on the go snacks.

Here's what I packed him:

Pistachios, a throwaway/recyclable water bottle (so he doesn't have to keep up with his), strawberry kombucha (check out his first kombucha drink- he didn't like it at all), clementines, mixed fresh fruit, 1/2lb of turkey, beef jerky, and a larabar.  The turkey he was going to eat for breakfast so we didn't need to worry about it keeping cold.

Breakfast:

You guys guessed it.  A paleo pancake.  One egg mixed with 3/4 mashed banana.

1t coconut oil in a pan with the pancake mix.


Covered in toppings!

Sunflower seed butter, 1/4 banana, coconut flakes, flaxseed, and pecans.

Gym:  Chest press, machine fly, pushups, cable fly- 20 reps 4 times.  Plus 20 minutes of cardio on the treadmill.

Lunch:

Eaten out at a hibachi restaurant.  I ordered the chicken hibachi with double veggies instead of rice.

Dinner:

Tacos lettuce wraps.  1lb ground turkey with 2 tablespoons taco seasoning.


Homemade taco seasoning.


Wrapped in lettuce topped with avocado and salsa.  I ate 4 of them!


What are your favorite on the go snacks?

12 comments:

Tiffany said...

I'm addicted to Kombucha! Love the muti green as well as cranberry. Have not seen or tried Strawberry. Go to snacks for me...veggies, almonds, pre cooked chicken. Boring lol

Kristen @ Change of Pace said...

My husband and I both love it. It's kind of expensive! Those aren't boring at all. They sound simple and yummy.

Kelly said...

They have pumpkin spice creamer?? I haven't seen that! We have the hazelnut right now.

Tiffany said...

I allow myself 3 kombuchas a week lol. At $2.99 a bottle, that's all I feel comfortable spending a week. I cannot get my husband to try them hehehe, the post about your husbands first 'bucha made me laugh.

Kristen @ Change of Pace said...

@Kelly I'm not even sure if it's coffee creamer! It says coconut milk on it. I haven't tried it in my coffee yet but I've taken several sips straight from the container! :)

Kristen @ Change of Pace said...

@Tiffany Campiotti They are $3.59 at whole foods here. I usually buy one a week. I need to start price shopping them... Looks like kombucha will be an expensive habit!

Kristen said...

twitter was so confusing to me when i first joined. it gets easier!!

Danielle said...

Love the grocery haul! Plantain chips are the best! That pumpkin coconut milk is awesome in coffee! Those tacos look awesome too!

Jen@HealthyFoodandFamily said...

Pumpkin spice coconut milk?! Must find ASAP!!!! I didn't realize how easy a paleo pancake was, totally making them for breakfast this week :) Have a great weekend.

Jen@HealthyFoodandFamily

Anonymous said...

You eat so awesome. I'm totally a huge outta control night time eater. Has got to stop.

I don't go to a gym (cannot afford it). But treadmill walking would be awesome I think. The winter is so hard cause I try to walk outsie (I don't run) and the weather here is really really not nice. So, that's not fun...

But your treadmill walk looks intense. I think 3.5 or 3.8 would be my holding speed. I think "Pbfingers' posted a treadmill walking workout recently.. check it out maybe!

I SO want beef, but no grass fed here. And I won't buy the deli stuff cause it doesn't seem antibiotic/hormone free. I know the "natural" stuff means nothing cause "natural" does not equal healthy. But maybe I'm being way too anal...just worry about the quality of stuff I buy you know? I wish I didn't know so much, I've gotten to anal :(

Kristen @ Change of Pace said...

@Anonymous I made those tacos with ground turkey! We actually don't eat beef that often. Mostly ground turkey and pork. I don't think you can be too strict with your health :)

Anonymous said...

Ground turkey. Sounds good!! Unfortunately, the only kind of ground turkey I can find at grocery stores is just the regular ole "lean ground turkey"...nothing is organic OR hormone-free, etc . This is a problem!!!

Disclaimer: I am not a registered dietician nor do I have any type of medical training. Anything documented on this blog is my personal opinion or a learned experience.