Monday, November 26, 2012

Meal Plan #7

Last night we were out and about so we stopped by Whole Foods. I am only telling you this because the items in my cart were kind of funny…

Typical paleo.  Eggs... so many eggs, kombucha, and bones for bone broth!

Breakfast:

I have finally figured out something I want to eat in the morning.

1oz of almonds (I measured it), an apple, and coffee with almond milk.


I put it on the counter as soon as I got up so I just grabbed a little at a time while I got ready this morning.

Gym: Pilates

Lunch:

Leftover paleo Thanksgiving.

Smoked turkey, paleo gravy, brussels sprouts, green beans, and sweet potato mash.

Dinner:

For dinner I roasted some chicken quarters.  I made a mix of fresh minced garlic, salt, pepper, and olive oil and rubbed it on the chicken.  I put them in a 9x13 dish with 1/2 cup of chicken stock.  Baked at 425 for about 40 minutes.

Served with collards and leftover sweet potato mash.

Since I didn’t post yesterday here is my meal plan for the week:

Meal Plan #7

Monday- Roasted chicken quarters, collards, and sweet potato mash
Tuesday- Pulled pork and collard greens
Wednesday- Thanksgiving meatballs and butternut squash soup
Thursday- Leftovers
Friday- Breakfast- Sausage scrambler
Saturday- Out to dinner
Sunday-  Beef Roast Tacos

What is your favorite "to-go" meal?

3 comments:

Danielle said...

Love that breakfast. Whenever I don't feel like cooking up eggs, apple slices are always my pick of choice!

Unknown said...

I wish we still had Thanksgiving leftovers! Apparently, we didn't load up our doggie bags as much as we should have.

Lately, my go-to dinner starter is to throw chicken in the slow cooker, and then figure out what to do with it when I get home from work. :) That's what I'm doing today!

Charmaine said...

I have been thinking about this because to my chagrin I don't have any good go-to meals these days, but if anything, it's lentils (I'm going to try your pulled pork, that sounds like a great idea). Tonight I made a quick lentil soup (just lentils cooked in organic, low sodium beef broth -- my kids don't like any "stuff" added to it; if I do add "stuff" I leave it in big chunks so it's easy to fish out at the end) and yams (microwaved 5 minutes on each side, then finish off in the oven for 10-15 minutes to attempt to caramelize the flavor). I was pleased with the result, it was healthy, they liked it, and it "felt" better than pasta (the other go-to meal which easily gets old). So I am thinking this is my new "go to" meal. All in it took about 30 minutes of cook time with little preparation, so I was able to clean up the dishes from the rest of the day while dinner was cooking! that's how we roll around here :)

Disclaimer: I am not a registered dietician nor do I have any type of medical training. Anything documented on this blog is my personal opinion or a learned experience.