Friday, November 2, 2012

Leftover Tacos and Treadmill Workout

Breakfast:

Leftover taco meat with onion, spinach, and two eggs cooked with coconut oil.

I got a few bites in before LB saw me eating.


Being a mom means you have to share everything!  I usually eat at the kitchen counter in the mornings. Worst mom ever.  I don't like to share.


After I heard "notha bite" a million times I just surrendered the bowl.


Gym:  I got a question about my workouts the other day and I'm working on an exercise page/post.  Until that goes up I'll just be more detailed on my posts.  Today was scheduled cardio.  Normally I run or do the stairmaster.  If you were on twitter this morning you saw that I had zero motivation to go to the gym.  I ended up walking on the treadmill.

When I walk on the treadmill it looks something like this:

Let's call it "The Button Masher" because that's pretty much what you do for 30 minutes.
I walk at 4.2mph the whole time.  Set it at a hard speed.  You can always come down.    

Min 0-1- incline 1
Min 1-2- incline 2
Min 2-3- incline 3
Min 3-4- incline 4
Min 4-5- incline 5
Min 5-6- incline 6
Min 6-7- incline 7
Min 7-8- incline 8
Min 8-9- incline 9
Min 9-10- incline 10
Min 10-11- incline 11
Min 11-12- incline 12
Min 12-13- incline 13
Min 13-14- incline 14
Min 14-15- incline 15

Then come down

Min 15-16- incline 14
Min 16-17- incline 13
Min 17-18- incline 12
Min 18-19- incline 11
Min 19-20- incline 10
Min 20-21- incline 9
Min 21-22- incline 8
Min 22-23- incline 7
Min 23-24- incline 6
Min 24-25- incline 5
Min 25-26- incline 4
Min 26-27- incline 3
Min 27-28- incline 2
Min 28-29- incline 1
Min 29-30- incline 0

Then I walked for another 15 minutes at incline 5.

Snack:

Y'all I'm addicted.

I've been stuffing my face with turkey all day.  Preparing for Thanksgiving?  That's my excuse.

We never buy lunchmeat anymore because we always have healthy leftovers.  Plus this is what I do with it.

I wasn't overly hungry at lunch time so I just made a small taco salad.

More leftover taco meat (that was the last of it!), leftover lettuce, salsa, and avocado.

Dinner:

Roasted herb chicken quarters with fall veggies.  I did equal parts dried oregano, dried basil, fresh rosemary, and salt.  Maybe 2t each?  Plus a pinch of sage.  Depends how many quarters you have.  Plus 2T melted coconut oil.  Carrots, sweet potato, butternut squash, onion, two cloves of garlic, and one cup of chicken stock on the bottom. Baked at 325 for 2 hours covered and then broiled at 500 for 15 minutes uncovered.  I'm terrible at making recipes but this deserves one!

What is your favorite treadmill workout?  

3 comments:

Kelly said...

ha! Glad I'm not the only mom that doesn't like to share! Mine say, "bite, bite, bite" over and over.
I was not motivated today either. I did 25 min on the treadmill.... walked at 4.2/4.3 for a few minutes then ran at 7.7 for two min... on and off for the 25 min.
I can't stay at the same pace, I get too bored!

Kristen @ Change of Pace said...

I get bored too which is why this workout is fun. It never stays the same!

Danielle said...

That turkey looks so good to me! I always get mine at whole foods too! Love the workout too! I get so antsy when I workout out so this is perfect for me!

Disclaimer: I am not a registered dietician nor do I have any type of medical training. Anything documented on this blog is my personal opinion or a learned experience.