Thursday, December 27, 2012

Christmas 2012

I finally reconnected with technology. I've pretty much unplugged for a few days. It's been nice!

Our Christmas was perfect!



Christmas really was wonderful but honestly I was ready to get back to some normalcy.  I was actually tired of Christmas cookies!

Breakfast:


You know what happens when you get a little bored eating the same thing all the time?


That's what happens.  Are y'all tired of seeing paleo pancakes?  I feel ya.

Gym:  30 minutes with my trainer and 20 minutes on the bike.  We did arms today and it included push ups, tricep dips, rows, shoulder presses, and lateral raises.  It felt so good to be back at the gym!

Post gym snack:

Coffee with just cream

Lunch:  A mish mosh of stuff that I forgot to photograph!

Dinner:

I got a few books for Christmas.  One of them was Well Fed.  I am so in love with this book.  I might like it more than Practical Paleo!  The way the book is laid out is amazing.

For dinner tonight I used Melissa's idea of a "hot plate".  I cooked up some onion and garlic in coconut oil and added ground pork.  Then I added broccoli and green cabbage.  I sautéed everything until it was tender.

It was delicious and filling!  I see a lot more hot plates in my future.

Dessert.... 

Dark chocolate with sea salt- stocking stuffer!

Now I'm sipping on tea (green and chamomile) and trying to catch up on google reader!


What was your favorite Christmas gift?

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful Christmas tree! My favorite Christmas present would have to be a kate spade weekender bag I've been coveting. I'm so blessed. :)

Kristen @ Change of Pace said...

Ahhh! What a great gift! I got an all clad crockpot!

Tiffany said...

The dinner looks yummy! I love cabbage I do it a lot for breakfast. My vitamix is my favorite, and only present, (excluding Disneyland)

Anonymous said...

Glad you and your family had such a wonderful holiday <3

Kristen @ Change of Pace said...

@jessielovestorunThanks :)

Unknown said...

Looks like you guys had a nice Christmas. I love your wood floors by the way! And that sea salt chocolate looks delicious!

Kristen @ Change of Pace said...

It's my favorite!

Unknown said...

Looks like you guys had a great Christmas. That sea salt chocolate looks delicious! By the way, I love your wood floors! I hope you guys have a happy new year!

Michelle @ Eat Move Balance said...

The pics of your kids by the tree are beautiful! Glad you were able to unplug for a few days and enjoy the holidays.

I can't wait to hear more about Well Fed . . . did it have great (and easy) recipes?

I leave my answer to your question for my post later today. ;)

Kristen @ Change of Pace said...

What I like about Well Fed is the layout. She does weekly cook ups and then explains how to do it. There are a bunch of recipes to. I just like that it's not only full of recipes. There is so much useful information.

Can't wait to hear your response to my question haha!

Kerry @ Totes My Oats said...

Love the Christmas morning pictures! Too cute! I am in love with my new Garmin Forerunner.

Kristen @ Change of Pace said...

@Kerry @ Totes My Oats Jealous! I've wanted one for a long time!

AllThingsYummy said...

Mmmm...chocolate...great stocking stuffer.
I would have to say may favorite Christmas gift is my new laptop bag. It's purple, totally cleanable and so cute.

Alaine @ My GF DF Living said...

It looks like you had a great Christmas! I got some kitchen goodies that I am very exited about! Have a great New Years!

Disclaimer: I am not a registered dietician nor do I have any type of medical training. Anything documented on this blog is my personal opinion or a learned experience.