Thursday, December 6, 2012

Heavy Legs

My trainer at the gym has a great training plan for all of his clients.  I meet with him once a week and he rotates cardio legs, cardio arms, high rep legs, high rep arms, heavy legs, heavy arms... 

Cardio usually involves several different body weight exercises.  Iso lunges, jump squats, push ups, tricep dips.  High reps involves a reasonable weight pressed 20 times.  Heavy is heavy weight for 10 reps or less. 

Does any of that make sense? 

Heavy days suck.  Especially heavy legs. 

Today was a heavy leg day.  I pressed 405lbs on the leg press 10 times.  Then he dropped it to 315lbs and I pressed it 10 times.  Then 225lbs and another 10.  That was a 1/4 of our workout.  My legs already hurt. 

Today was pretty boring besides my gym time. 

Breakfast:

Paleo pancake with almond butter. 

Lunch:

Lunch was eaten out at a hibachi place.  I just ordered hibachi chicken and asked for double veggies instead of the rice.

Dinner: 

Asian meatballs (paleo-ized using almond flour instead of breadcrumbs) and crispy curried sweet potato coins.

No snacking today!  Since starting paleo I've noticed my snacking has been drastically reduced.  The only time I want to snack is before bed but I think that's more of a habit.  I used to have a bowl of cereal before bed.  Not anymore!

This is one of those days where it sucks to be a reader of COP.  I use this as a food journal and today was just lame. 

What's your most dreaded exercise?  I hate lunges.

3 comments:

Danielle said...

I love leg days but hate upper body! Pull ups and running make me want to cry!

Michelle @ Eat Move Balance said...

I second the lunges. Also, jumping lunges are the worst EVER! Hurts so good, I guess. :) Heavy legs day sounds like quite the challenge. Way to go!

Erin said...

I like food diaries!

I hate lunges and I hate planks- specifically side planks. I have terrible core strength and I know I need to work on that!

Disclaimer: I am not a registered dietician nor do I have any type of medical training. Anything documented on this blog is my personal opinion or a learned experience.