Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Laptop Blues

I got a call from Best Buy today.  Estimated cost to fix my laptop- $1750.  Estimated value of my laptop- $1005.  What?!

Needless to say I spent part of the day yesterday blubbering like a two year old and drowning my sorrows in non-paleo Christmas cookies. 

Dear Santa,

I know I do not deserve it but I would really like a new MacBook Pro.  I promise I'll take good care of it this time and keep LB far far away from it.

Milk & Cookies,
Kristen

Losing my laptop is obviously a huge bummer.  I'll be using my hubs ancient pc until we figure out what we are doing.

Anyways...

Breakfast:

Since I binged on cookies yesterday I decided to make something healthy for breakfast.

Into the vitamix went 1 cup unsweeted almond milk, 2 handfuls of spinach, a really ripe banana, and a scoop of sunflower seed butter.

So simple and delicious.


Don't make a face at spinach smoothies. 

If my two year old chugs a glass you have no excuse.





Gym:
One hour of body combat! I'm so addicted.

Lunch:

Leftover southwest meatloaf, sweet potato mash, and salad.


I made a big old tupperware full of salad hoping we'd get more veggies in at meals.

The convenience worked!  It was spinach, carrots, red pepper, onion, walnuts, and raisins.

Dinner:

Spaghetti squash and meatballs.  I used this meatball recipe but subbed almond flour for the breadcrumbs and skipped the cheese and the milk.  I just use Whole Foods organic regular pasta sauce.  It's not totally paleo but it has a minimal ingredient list.  We can't live with spaghetti and meatballs. 

And maybe I had a cookie for dessert.  (My mom used to make these when I was little every year for Christmas)

Didn't that defeat the purpose of all the veggies today?! 

How do you recover from a bad day of eating?

14 comments:

Kerry @ Totes My Oats said...

Love that green smoothie on the face pic! So cute. After I bad day of eating I just try to eat really clean the next day. Then, I feel like they kind of balance each other out and overall I had 2 "so so" days of eating.

jill said...

I freeze green smoothies and the wee one loves to eat green monster pops. :)

Tiffany said...

Bummer about the computer :(
I'm slightly jealous of your Vitamix btw. It's on my wish list.
I love green smoothies. I alternate between spinach and kale. Love 'em both. Can't get my kids to drink them unfortunately...the texture throws them off (because I don't have a Vitamix blender that pulverizes the ingredients into submission lol).
The cookie looks very yummy. I'm holding off on making treats till I'm ready to box and deliver them. I'll have a hard time if I have to stare at them for more than a day.

Danielle said...

Those cookies look amazing! All those veggies definitely cancel out the cookie ;)

Kristen @ Change of Pace said...

That's what I try to do too!

Kristen @ Change of Pace said...

Freezing the green smoothies is a genius idea!

Kristen @ Change of Pace said...

Tiffany- I wanted a vitamix for yeeeears! It was an anniversary surprise this year from the husband. I use it for everything!

Michelle @ Eat Move Balance said...

Eek! Sorry to hear about your computer. That stinks!

After a bad day of eating, I get up first thing the next day and start it off RIGHT with lots of clean and healthy food. No use dwelling over it, just get right back into the swing of things, and maybe add on a few minutes to my workout. Nothing big deal, but a few minutes to kick my own butt! :)

Kristen @ Change of Pace said...

You are right about not dwelling on it. There's not point in beating yourself up over it.

Mom on the Run said...

Kristen I am so sorry about your computer. Sending good Santa vibes your way.

So jealous of your vitamix. My 2 year old loves spinach smoothies too!

Erin said...

Sorry to hear about your Mac- I would be devastated too. Hopefully a great alternative pops up soon! xo

Ally's Sweet and Savory Eats said...

Too funny...I am planning on making those cookies this weekend for a cookie swap with my girlfriends.

So sorry to hear about your laptop. I don't even have a laptop - but I'd give anything for one!

Kristen @ Change of Pace said...

We ate a whole batch of those chocolate crinkle cookies and one day. It is my favorite Christmas cookie. :)

Anonymous said...

I mess up eating EVERY DAY. I end up eating a lot at night (and a lot of hummus, chocolate, dairy, etc, trust me: you never do as bad as me). AND on top of that, I don't belong to a gym (NO money) and I live where its so cold and walking is a no-no outside. I feel...lost.

Anyway, any recs for the BEST cookbook to invest in? I kinda thought "Paleo slow cooking" by Chrissy Gower looked interesting...I hear about others but some seem overwhelming. I like SIMPLe recipes for sure, simple simple.

Disclaimer: I am not a registered dietician nor do I have any type of medical training. Anything documented on this blog is my personal opinion or a learned experience.