Monday, December 3, 2012

RECIPE: Salted Cinnamon Coconut Chips

When I saw the coconut chip recipe over at The Primalist I knew I had to try it. 

For some reason mine didn't turn out very well.  Maybe I didn't have the technique down? 

When I mixed everything together it didn't really stick together like I wanted it to.  All the seasoning fell to the bottom.



I came up with a solution... Coconut oil!


I ate these little guys by the handful.  It was the perfect combination of sweet and salty and cinnamony (is that a word?).

Needless to say I ate all of them in a day!  The kids and the hubs liked them too!

Salted Cinnamon Coconut Chips
(adapted from The Primalist)

-1 cup of unsweetened coconut flakes (found them at Whole Foods)
-1 teaspoon cinnamon
-1/4 teaspoon salt
-1 teaspoon melted coconut oil

Preheat oven to 350*

Mix everything together and spread the chips over a parchment lined baking sheet.  Bake for about 3 minutes or until just browned.  These little guys are like popcorn.  Don't  leave your kitchen.  Keep a close eye on them.  They get brown fast!

My favorite way to eat them?

On paleo pancakes of course.

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

These look fantastic! You wouldn't need the oil if you used fresh coconut. I will def be trying these :) yum

Danielle said...

Love this recipe! These look amazing. I'm always looking for a different paleo snack so these are great!

Kate Kedziora said...

These look incredible!!!!

Stacy said...

These are like crack. For real. I can't quit eating them. My new favorite snack!!!

Disclaimer: I am not a registered dietician nor do I have any type of medical training. Anything documented on this blog is my personal opinion or a learned experience.