Sunday, December 23, 2012

NO RECIPE: Warm Maple Cinnamon Almond Milk

This is one of my favorite hot drinks in the winter time.  I cannot remember where I first heard of it but I've been making it for a few years.


You heat up unsweetened almond milk in the microwave.


Add pure maple syrup


and cinnamon.


Whisk...  My kids love it just like this.


But if it's just for you and you're feeling really crazy... Add some tea.



Warm Maple Cinnamon Almond Milk

-Unsweetened vanilla almond milk
-Pure maple syrup
-Cinnamon
Optional
1 Tazo Vanilla Rooibos tea bag (my favorite tea EVER- you can find it at Starbucks)

Pour almond milk in a mug and warm in the microwave for about a minute and a half.  Whisk in the maple syrup and  cinnamon.  I usually use a fork and beat it like I do scrambled eggs.  Sometimes I get out the milk frother and stir it that way.  Add your tea and steep.

What is your favorite warm beverage?

12 comments:

Danielle said...

That looks so good! And so much less expensive than my coffee addiction! Love it.

Kristen @ Change of Pace said...

It is delicious but it hasn't replaced my coffee addiction :(

Anonymous said...

I don't have maple syrup...but i DO have honey.. I'm just concerned about the sugar. Nearly 20 grams in only one tablespoon. Sucks!

Kristen @ Change of Pace said...

I've never tried it with honey. Make it a treat and don't worry about the sugar! :)

Michelle @ Eat Move Balance said...

Yum! I'll have to try that sometime! I've been sucking down countless cups of warm lemon water since I've been feeling a bit under the weather. It's my go-to warm drink to help me feel better quickly.

Kristen @ Change of Pace said...

I need to do that. I'm feeling pretty crappy!

Anonymous said...

Okay, I'm going to be honest. I don't drink tea. But if I did drink tea, I think I'd totally be in love with this recipe. All those flavors combined? Heaven. Minus the tea, obviously. ;)

Anonymous said...

This looks like a great recipe to tryout today to help restore my health! Hope you are feeling better. Happy Holidays! :)

Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl said...

This sounds absolutely wonderful. I am a vegetarian who eats vegan 3-4 days a week and I hate when I crave hot cocoa on days when I follow a vegan diet. I love that this is vegan and I think it would definitely satisfy my sweet hot cocoa craving in a different way. Thanks for sharing! :)

Simply Life said...

oh I can see why this is a favorite drink- looks great!

Jen@HealthyFoodandFamily said...

Yummmmm!!!!! Can't wait to try this!

Jen@HealthyFoodandFamily

Kerry @ Totes My Oats said...

What an awesome idea! I need to try this one.

Disclaimer: I am not a registered dietician nor do I have any type of medical training. Anything documented on this blog is my personal opinion or a learned experience.