Sunday, December 2, 2012

Date Night at Aubriana's

I wasn't sure if I should do this post or not.  Sometimes I like to read about what other bloggers experience at restaurants and sometimes I don't.  It can be a bit boring if you aren't the one eating the fabulous food. 

We had a boring Sunday around here so you guys get the date night post!

We got all dressed up to go out last night!

By dressed up I mean not sweat pants or gym clothes... and I actually wore my hair down.

We dropped the kids off with nana and papaw.

Then headed out to dinner.


We ended up at Aubriana's for dinner.

When had basil lemon crab dip to start.


Plus the lamb lollipops.


I had the crab and lobster cakes with parmesan grits and butter bean, bacon, and corn hash. 


Peanut butter pie with chocolate ganache and an oreo cookie crust for dessert. 


We don't go out often so when we do we go big!  We usually order two appetizers, two entrees, and two desserts.  We also don't care about paleo or calories. 

Do you try to watch what you eat when you go out?

7 comments:

Tiffany said...

Fun!!
I generally try and keep it moderate when we go out, but not so much that I feel deprived or "I can't have..."
The dessert looks yummy!! ( Well, it all does to be honest lol)

Michelle @ Eat Move Balance said...

You look beautiful for your date! What cute pictures! Bob and I went out for a fancy dinner on Friday, and I had lamb for the first time! It was good--I only had a little--I don't know much about lamb. I try and keep my portions in check, but don't mind tasting new/different things at restaurants. That's the time to do it!

Ally's Sweet and Savory Eats said...

I don't give a lick about calories when eating out a nice restaurant...because it doesn't happen often! Fun night!

Kristen @ Change of Pace said...

That's the first time I had lamb too Michelle! It was really good! Glad to see I'm not the only one that isn't super strict when eating out :)

jill said...

I live it up when out-we don't go out often so I figure YOLO!

Mom on the Run said...

You guys look so cute! When we go out it is usually a once a year occasion, so we go big. Your meal looks great!

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures! Your hair color is so pretty! I don't go out to eat very much so when I do, I don't worry about calories.

Disclaimer: I am not a registered dietician nor do I have any type of medical training. Anything documented on this blog is my personal opinion or a learned experience.